PDF(Portable Document Format) Packaged by Adobe is well recognized as one of the most widely used file formats worldwide. It’s a file format that preserves the fonts, graphics, and layout of original documents written on a variety of systems and apps. However, your PDF file may occasionally be corrupted, Consequently, it becomes unavailable, resulting in data loss. But the appropriate approaches can help and instruments, this problem can be resolved. This article will solve on how to repair and recover damaged PDF files.
Spoiler: Recovery Toolbox for PDF guides to repair PDF file quickly and better.
1. Why PDF documents get Faulty or Spoiled?
2. How to Restore Faulty/Corrupted PDF for Free
- Solution 1: Try Alternative PDF Reader tools
- Solution 2: Restore Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Solution 3: Repair a former File Version
- Solution 4: Use Free Online PDF Restore Tool
3. Best Software to Restore Lost PDF Files
Why PDF Files Get Corrupted or Damaged?
There are many causes of corrupted PDF file. Some of the causes are detailed below.
- Weak and poor internet connection: Your internet connection may be unstable when downloading PDF files, it’s possible that this will result in a failed or incomplete download. If the download fails to complete, the file’s structure is damaged, resulting in corruption. Because of the damaged file structure, the user may be unable to open or read the file.
- Malfunctioning of computer system: A malfunctioning computer system can harm your PDF files if the operating system or other software is unresponsive or acting improperly, or if your computer system or software is impaired.
- Sudden power breakdown: When working on your computer, you may occasionally experience a sudden shutdown of your computer or laptop, particularly when transferring or sharing files. An unexpected shutdown of the system can corrupt the file. This could be due to a power outage or an internal system malfunction. However, if you are transferring or working on a PDF file, there is a good probability that it will be harmed. File corruption might be exacerbated by a power outage or an internal system problem.
- Virus infection: PDF file corruption can be caused by a virus or other malicious stuff on your hard disk or USB. Any virus or harmful file on your computer could be the source of your PDF files being corrupted or damaged.
- Using unsuitable application: It is also possible to harm the PDF file if another program is used to open it. Using incompatible programs to open PDF files might potentially result in file corruption.
- Problems with storage media or hard drive: Your PDF will be corrupted if it is stored on a corrupted hard drive, USB device, or any other infected social media.
Ways to Repair Damaged/Corrupted PDF for Free
If your PDF file has been damaged as a result of any of the reasons listed above, you may usually repair it using the necessary procedures and tools. Don’t get too worked up if your critical PDF file is corrupted. Below is a free method on how to repair damaged PDF files.
1. Try Alternative PDF Reader tools
If you’re having difficulties accessing your PDF files, first determine whether the issue is with the PDF reader or the file itself before looking at how to repair a PDF file. If Adobe Reader is unable to open a PDF file, it is also possible that the file is not corrupted or damaged, but that the application you are trying to open it is malfunctioning. You could try opening it with another PDF reader to check the problem region. Attempt to open the file with different PDF file reader software to see whether they work properly. Other PDF apps, such as Adobe Illustrator, Foxit Reader, and Sumatra PDF, are alternatives to Adobe Acrobat Reader.
If the issue persists, you can be certain it’s a problem with the PDF file. Continue reading to try the next technique.
2. Repair Adobe Acrobat Reader
When it comes to working with PDF documents, Adobe Acrobat Reader is by far the most popular and well-known tool. But what if there’s a flaw in the software that causes the file to get corrupted? If you fix Adobe Acrobat Reader, you should be able to restore the PDF files.
- First, make sure your Adobe Acrobat Reader is up- to- date. The current version of Acrobat Reader may typically be updated or installed. Installing the most recent version of Adobe Acrobat or updating it is frequently the best approach to repair it. The updates themselves are typically used to fix issues that have emerged inside the program. To avoid any problems caused by bugs, it is suggested that you use the official version. To do so, start the program and go to Help > Check for Updates. Install any updates that are available.
- After that, go to Help > Repair Installation to fix Adobe Acrobat Reader. The software will scan its core files and repair any that are corrupted automatically. When Adobe Reader fails to respond, the program’s Repair Acrobat tool takes care of the necessary fixes.
3. Restore a Previous File Version
If your PDF file used to work but has become corrupted, and restoring Adobe Acrobat Reader hasn’t helped, there is another approach to fix the corrupted PDF file. You’ll need to restore your PDF file to an earlier version with this procedure. Windows includes a built-in mechanism that saves various versions of files in case they’re needed again. If the most recent version of the file becomes corrupted or erased, you can restore the earlier version.
- Right-click on your corrupted PDF file and select Properties.
- To discover the version of the PDF file you require, go to the Properties section and select Previous Versions.
- Then, to restore the previously selected version of the file, select Restore.
4. Use Free Online PDF Repair Tool
Free PDF repair – What we offer is a free PDF repair tool. Regardless of the program or browser you use, there are various reasons why your PDF cannot be opened or read. Regardless of the issue, we have identified a means to recover your PDF file. Your corrupted PDF file can be repaired using one of the various online PDF repair solutions available. It’s a breeze to utilize this PDF repair tools. The PDF repair tool helps you fix broken PDF files. It repairs PDF files easily. Online PDF Recovery Service can be used as an example of an online tool.
- Using your preferred web browser, go to Online PDF Recovery Service
- Using the Select File button, click on a corrupted PDF file saved locally
- Fill in your email address.
- Press the Next Step button
- Examine a document that has been repaired.
- Paid $10 per 1Gb of source file
- Upload the Adobe document that has been repaired.
Best Software to Recover Lost PDF Files
If the basic procedures above don’t work, professional data recovery software is strongly suggested, as it can not only restore your corrupted file but also convert it to the desired version. For example, on your Windows PC, you can download Recovery Toolbox for PDF, that makes it easier to recover your PDFs with a high success rate and fantastic recovery speed.
Recovery Toolbox for PDF is a comprehensive tool for recovering data from damaged documents, which may contain vital files and media. These days, the PDF format is a commonly used document format that can recover any sort of file, including PDF, Excel files, documents, and emails. The chances of data recovery success are pretty good. You can recover any file without any restrictions, and you can test the application before purchasing it. Start your free trial now to recover your files!
Features of Recovery Toolbox for PDF:
- Damaged documents by Adobe PDFs can be recovered.
- It offers complete PDF file retrieval support for all versions and sizes
- A patented intelligent core that harnesses the power of powerful document analysis and fixed approaches
- Ability to correct a variety of logical problems caused by faults in popular PDF creation software
- Recovering data and saving it into a new, properly formatted and compressed PDF file
- Supports saving retrieved data to PDF files, both compressed and uncompressed.
- A little installation file that doesn’t require any other software.
- Pre-Viewer for all types of.pdf files with an an unsuitable structure, totally compatible with all main Windows versions, including Windows 8 and Windows 10.
- Viewer for PDF documents
- A.pdf file is displayed and repaired using Adobe Acrobat.
Start Your Free DEMO Right Now:
Step 1: Run the software after downloading it. Look for the missing file on your computer or an external storage device. To begin, press the Start button.
Step 2: The tool will open a corrupted file at the location you specified.
Step 3: To begin repairing a corrupted file, use the Next button.
Step 4: Choose the name of the Adobe file that has been repaired.
Step 5: Select the Adobe Acrobat document’s version and compression.
Step 6: By using the Save file button, you can save the file.
PDF documents stored on your PC or other storage devices can become corrupted or damaged at any time. It’s a nightmare to have your PDF files accidently corrupted. Data corruption can occur for a variety of reasons, but it is easily recoverable. Fortunately, there are alternatives. If your PDF file has been damaged, you can fix it using one of the methods listed above. If none of these methods worked or the PDFs were lost or deleted, Recovery Toolbox for PDF can be immensely useful in retrieving PDF documents.