Whether you’re managing a small group or a large corporation, keeping track of assignments, due dates, and team cooperation can be intimidating.
But don’t worry because project management software is here to make your life easier. With so many choices in the market, selecting the ideal project management software can be an intimidating job.
That’s why we’ve built a list of the top project management software programs available to help you optimize your workflow and keep your team in line. From potent task management tools to robust team collaboration features, we’ve got you covered. So, take it easy, unwind, and get ready to find the best project management software for your requirements!
13 Best Project Management Software
- Monday.com – Best Project Management Software Overall
- ClickUp – Best Project Managing Software For Agile Development Teams
- Asana – Best Project Managing Software for Collaboration
- Wrike – Best for Projects and Ongoing Work
- Zoho Projects – Best for Small and Growing Teams
- Trello – Best for Cross-Platform
- Teamwork – Best For Client-Facing Service Providers
- Celoxis – Best For All-in-one Project Management Software
- Birdview PSA– Best for Resource Management and Collaboration
- Smartsheet – Best Project Managing Software for Automations
- Microsoft 365 – Best Project Managing Software for Integration
- Scoro – Best Project Managing Software for Professional and Creative Services
- Nifty – Best for Communication and Task Management
To make the list of the best project management software, we took a comprehensive approach and examined many aspects such as characteristics, services, charges, integration, availability of free versions, and Gantt charts.
Each software was evaluated as per user interface, simplicity, project management software abilities, a collaboration of the team, and adaptation options. Moreover, the customer service, safety, and dependability of each software were taken into account as well.
The ultimate ranking was decided upon through an overall appraisal of these variables and the software’s appropriateness for different types of customers and companies.
Monday.com – Best Project Management Software Overall
Fees: Starting at $8/mo
Star rating: 4.9/5
Monday.com is a web-based project direction platform that provides a vast array of options to help groups simplify their systems and improve working together. Its user-friendly format and adjustable capabilities for managing tasks include resources and project managing software, time tracking, cooperation, and reporting.
For instance, clients can upload and link files to cards, leave remarks, name colleagues, and more. It also has an outstanding project reporting dashboard that can gather data from multiple boards, allowing for a more effective assessment of progress.
Even though monday.com does not have the complete set of apparatus for project bookkeeping and invoicing solutions like other platforms, it can still be used to monitor hours, schedules, and bills.
This is a completely adjustable tool that gives you the capability to use whichever way of working- Kanban or whatever other system- that’s suitable for your venture and team. There are also some beneficial workflow tools that help with automating components of your process.
Why we chose it: If your team is small and doesn’t have a lot of income, the free version of monday.com will give you the capability to handle projects with individualized boards so that you can work based on your own criteria.
You can set up custom boards using over 200 templates and unlimited documents. Even your team members can work while they’re on the go with the iOS and Android apps of monday.com. Nevertheless, as soon as you’re prepared to move on to more intricate projects with big teams, the plans of Monday.com can expand with your requirements.
- Versions without cost are also available
- User interface that’s both enticing and highly configurable
- Free trials to try out advanced features
- Plenty of connections
- Convergence of internal and external groups in work
- Constant updates bring new functionality
- The availability of several sample documents
- Timelines and workflow diagrams
- Version for mobile apps
- New features often have frequent bugs
- Lower levels have less available features
- There are few available reporting choices
- Complex interface with a high learning curve
- Extensive or complicated projects can result in overcrowded boards
Monday.com provides tools for resource and venture supervision, time logging, working together, file administration, shared documents and reporting interfaces.
Zapier can be used to access a number of project management software apps such as Slack, Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, GitHub, Trello, Dropbox, Jira, and Typeform.
Plans & Pricing
- Individual: Free for upto two seats
- Basic: $8/user/month (billed annually), best for small teams
- Standard: $10/user/month (billed annually), best for managing work
- Pro: $16/user/month (billed annually), best for companies to connect with teams
- Enterprise: Companies that seek an effective way to manage and expand their workflow should get in touch with Monday.com for pricing information
ClickUp – Best Project Management Software For Agile Development Teams
Fee: Starting at $5/mo
Star rating: 4.6/5
ClickUp is a project management software with a variety of features to help manage and complete all of your team’s projects in one place. People are able to create plans, assign tasks, manage resources in one convenient location, and communicate with their team and guests.
The app also provides the opportunity to create, share and edit Wikis and documents collaboratively. Users can comment on documents and tasks, assign comments, and communicate with their team for better cooperation.
Task features enable users to check off tasks, break them down into smaller tasks, and use templates. Additionally, the team is able to easily organize, sort, seek out, and view tasks in an efficient way. Furthermore, Gantt charts, calendars, and timelines can be generated to offer a visual representation of the tasks.
Why we chose it: ClickUp is the perfect choice for organizations that utilize Scrum for their product growth. It offers all the features you would anticipate from excellent project management software but goes even further with templates and capabilities that make Agile software development achievable.
- Individuals are eligible for a lifetime of free service
- Very effective time management
- Many choices for automating processes
- More than a thousand implementations
- You may choose from a range of viewpoints
- Models that have already been built
- Integral strengths
- Conveniently handle intricate tasks
- The mobile app is clunky and difficult to use
- Top tiers may be rather costly for startups
- Problems with timekeeping are common
- Maybe a lot to take in for first-time users
ClickUp offers customers up-to-the-minute reports, whiteboards and other shared documents for team cooperation, task organization with various perspectives, monitoring of objectives, and pre-made models.
Include programs created by Slack, G Suite, Dropbox, and other applications, plus more than 1,000 connections through Zapier.
Plans & Pricing
- Free Forever: Free seat for personal use
- Unlimited: $5/user/month (billed annually), best for small teams
- Business: $12/user/month (billed annually), best for mid-sized companies
- Business Plus: $19/user/month (billed annually), best for multiple teams
- Enterprise: Best for many large teams, contact ClickUp for pricing
Asana – Best Project Managing Software for Collaboration
Fee: Starting at $10.99/mo
Star rating: 4.3/5
Asana is remarkably user-friendly and can be used to manage projects of any size. It has been included in our list of best project management software. It’s configured with tasks and sub-tasks, each of which can be assigned to either a single user or a team.
The app provides convenient features such as creating lists and reminders to ensure that deadlines are met, along with adding deadlines, other users, instructions for the tasks, and making comments.
Additionally, images from other applications, such as Google Drive, can be integrated directly into Asana. Most significantly, it allows users to track the progress of the project and make sure it’s running efficiently and on schedule.
If you’re interested in knowing who is responsible for a certain task, you can bring up a list of teams and individuals, and you can use the search feature to locate completed tasks with ease.
Why we chose it: This software provides Team Pages, which let everybody witness the exchange of ideas and discourse. Additionally, it has a ‘Smart Box’ that only delivers pertinent project updates to team members rather than all the messages they send to each other.
- Intuitive and powerful teamwork tools
- Competence in a wide range of project management techniques
- Processes that may be tailored to individual needs
- Simple to use design
- Very few available modification possibilities
- Intense learning curve
- An excessive number of alerts and notifications
- Less reporting options
Asana has numerous options that are advantageous for users, including the ability to craft, designate, and monitor jobs; a calendar view that shows the timeline and target dates; and tools for team cooperation, like comments, tags, and name-mentions, which help teams to collaborate without difficulty.
With Asana, it’s effortless to employ it alongside other software due to its integration with a variety of popular third-party tools, including Google Drive, Slack, and Zapier.
Plans & Pricing
- Basic: Accessible to individual users or groups with a limited number of members.
- Premium: $10.99/user/month (billed annually), best for teams to create project plans
- Business: $24.99/user/month (billed annually), best for companies to manage
Wrike – Best Project Management Software for Managing Projects and Ongoing Work
Fee: Starting at $9.80/mo
Star rating: 4/5
Wrike, the award-winning best project management software, is ideal for teams of five or more since it offers unrestricted user access. It has a customizable interface that allows users to modify their workflows, dashboards, reports, and request forms.
The simple-to-use tool also provides users with various options to visualize their priorities, such as Kanban boards, interactive drag-and-drop Gantt charts, and traditional workload views. In addition, Wrike offers users task lists, subtasks, schedules, shared workflows, file sharing, real-time communication, and collaborative tools. Additionally, users can benefit from the performance reporting tools, resource management and allocation, and more for enhanced project insights.
Why we chose it: Wrike provides ready-made project plans for tasks such as bringing on new hires, arranging events, and creating new content. It’s suitable for professionals in the creative, consultancy, professional services, IT, engineering, and marketing industries.
- Intelligent new features warn about slacking projects
- Account types tailored to professional services organizations and marketing/creative departments
- Capable of overseeing both new and current tasks
- Conveniently simple to use
- More time is needed to become proficient
- Costly when compared to similar equipment
- Many features are locked behind paid upgrades or additional plans
Wrike provides several advantageous features to its consumers, including pre-constructed designs, personalized request forms, lively Gantt charts, visual verification, automated work processes, monitoring of time, project portfolio administration and dashboards.
Wrike offers over 400 pre-made integrations, such as the widely-used file management software from Microsoft, Google, and Dropbox, in addition to Salesforce and Marketo sales and marketing systems.
Plans & Pricing
- Free: $0 for teams getting started
- Team: $9.8/user/month (billed annually), best for growing teams
- Business: $24.8/user/month (billed annually), best for all teams across on organization
- Enterprise: Best for large teams, contact Wrike for pricing
- Pinnacle: Best for teams with complex work, contact Wrike for pricing
Zoho Projects – Best Project Management Software for Small and Growing Teams
Fee: Starting from $4/mo
Star rating: 3.9/5
Zoho is a comprehensive web-based CRM that can be utilized to control lead generation, transactions, and pipelines. It has automated features like account management, lead and prospect tracking, and other sales operations. It has both private and public chat rooms and allows one to monitor the time spent on projects.
Furthermore, there are HR and finance management capabilities apart from project management and marketing. Integration with other existing work tools is also attainable through Zoho CRM Integration.
Why we chose it: Utilizing Zoho Projects’ Gantt chart, you can divide immense projects into smaller, achievable segments and executable tasks. This will help you to plan and observe distinct assignments and milestones and assemble to-do lists that enable you to plan more thoroughly.
- Cost-free for up to 5 people
- Automatic timekeeping and invoicing for hourly work
- Strong quality
- Affordable membership packages
- Support for both Google and Zoho applications
- Existing Zoho users are already familiar with the UI and can appreciate the bundle’s value
- Lacks Quickbooks compatibility
- Gantt charts are a difficult task to deal with
- For huge groups, reporting tools fail
- Inability to export certain file types
- Several reporting features are missing
Zoho Projects is equipped with a host of features such as task management, task automation, blueprints, time logging, issue resolution, making reports, and providing discussion boards for your team.
By being a part of the Zoho environment, you will have access to other Zoho services such as Zoho Books and the Zoho finance suite. Furthermore, the latest Zoho marketplace provides the opportunity to integrate with external services like Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Teams, Google Drive, Zapier, Zendesk, and ServiceNow. Moreover, integration is also possible with Zapier and Zoho Flow.
Plans & Pricing
- Free: $0 for up to three users
- Premium: $4/user/month (billed annually), with a free 10-day trial
- Enterprise: $9/user/month (billed annually), with a free 10-day trial
Trello – Best Project Management Software for Cross-Platform Project Management Solution
Fee: Starting from $5/mo
Star rating: 3.6/5
In recent times, Trello has become one of the most widely used project management software. It allows you to manage both your professional and private projects from your computer, tablet, or smartphone. It’s used by renowned companies such as Fender, Google, and Kickstarter.
This application helps you to create boards to arrange all your projects, assign tasks to your associates, customize the workflow, add to-do lists in the task cards, attach files, and comment on the items. It provides the facility to manage the entirety of your assignment within the app, irrespective of whether it’s a team-based project or meant for a single person.
Why we chose it: Trello provides an intuitive user experience because of its kanban card-based management system and offers a generous free tier which makes it a practical choice for individuals and small groups who are just starting out with their project management.
- Powerups are a wide variety of add-ons that extend the capabilities of your board
- Team cooperation
- may get intelligent automation advice based on the repeated acts you do
- Allows for use on several platforms
- The absence of built-in time tracking features
- Not a good fit for complex tasks
- It’s not dependable for in-depth reporting
- Customers have reported difficulty getting in touch with assistance
Trello is a popular project managing software, known for its adaptable board setup, where customers can construct boards for different projects and utilize cards to depict individual jobs or items. Trello also makes it simple to collaborate with other collaborators through remarks, connections, and references. Clients can likewise set due dates, make lists, and utilize labels and filters to aid in organizing their work.
Trello can link up with several popular external applications, including Google Drive, Slack, and GitHub, which allows people to incorporate it with additional programs in a smooth manner.
Plans & Pricing
- Free: $0 for your whole team
- Standard: $5/user/month (billed annually), best for small teams
- Premium: $10/user/month (billed annually), best for teams to track multiple projects
- Enterprise: $17.5/user/month (billed annually), best for organizations to connect work across teams
Teamwork – Best Project Managing Software For Client-Facing Service Providers
Fee: Starting from $9.99/mo
Star rating: 3.3/5
Teamwork Projects is created to operate perfectly with the applications to form more efficient processes. With a lively interface and uncomplicated toolset, users can make a project and create assignments and landmarks.
Project Managing Software simplifies working with and taking care of customer relationships without any issues. Plans with payment provide infinite collaborators. This implies professionals who are service-oriented, freelancers, and organizations can use the software to work straight with customers to construct an output that satisfies customer requirements and expectations exclusively.
Despite the fact that plans are a bit more costly compared to other services, Teamwork offers a 30-day free trial for all levels so you can be sure of your pick before signing up.
Regarding customer-oriented features, paid plans provide chat programs for teams, a shared document editor, client intake forms, access control for customers, and the means to observe the duration of work and generate invoices.
Clients can directly provide feedback on project outputs, tasks, and key points to make sure their requirements are satisfied during the entire project. This results in more contented customers who are more likely to become regulars.
Why we chose it: Working collaboratively is beneficial for PMOs when it comes to managing tasks, monitoring the amount of time spent, allocating resources, and preparing reports.
- Spending monitoring Invoicing and other client-management tools
- Budget tracking
- Paid plans allow for an unlimited number of participants
- All programs come with a free 30-day trial period
- Versions without cost are also available
- Customers are not restricted
- Extensive space for premium accounts
- There are a few integrations
- Free version has few features
- Lower grades have fewer security options
- More in cost than the majority of similar products
Teams can manage their tasks by creating and assigning them, and monitor their progress; interactive features like comments, references, and file sharing enable efficient cooperation; tracking of time spent on each job can be done; and teams can initiate projects quickly through the usage of templates.
Collaboration through Teamwork is easy with its compatibility with integrated third-party applications like Google Drive, Dropbox, and Slack. It’s equipped with multiple features and has a straightforward user experience.
Plans & Pricing
- Free Forever: $0 for up to 5 users
- Deliver: $9.99/user/month (billed annually), best for basic project management
- Grow: $17.99/user/month (billed annually), best for complex projects
- Scale: Best for a customized plan, contact Teamwork for pricing
Celoxis – Best Project Management Software All-in-one
Fee: Starting from $25/mo
Star rating: 3/5
Celoxis is an award-winning, comprehensive, and web-based beast project management software that comes with powerful analytics. Its interactive charts make it possible to plan and track portfolios, projects, tasks, resources, timesheets, issues, and risks from a single place.
It offers comprehensive collaboration features, and the client portal is adjustable. Furthermore, its dashboards and reporting abilities are remarkable, making it one of the top PM tools in the market. Its capabilities are feature-rich, user-friendly, and highly customizable.
Celoxis Project Managing Software provides a What-If Analysis utility that enables firms to examine how their personnel, financial plans, and other assets are impacted in the event that a particular action takes place.
As an example, if a business has five current projects and three in progress, the What-If Analysis can inform them of what may happen if one of the pending projects is acquired and the team needs to begin working on it immediately.
By utilizing this tool, business owners can make more educated decisions concerning when to accept new projects, when to reject them, when to extend a deadline, etc.
Why we chose it: Celoxis is convenient to set up and use, requiring minimal time. It’s especially suitable for medium-sized to large businesses, offering features like time tracking, budgeting, and resource management.
- Comprehensive reporting abilities
- In-depth capabilities
- Simple to use design
- Processes that may be tailored to individual needs
- Zero support for billing or invoicing
- Shortcomings in mobile app features
- There is no free version
- No tools for proofreading
This platform makes it easy to collaborate with colleagues and customers to exchange files and give and receive feedback. It provides a 360-degree view of your project’s progress with its potent reports and dashboards.
It’s customizable and user-friendly, so you can customize it based on your team’s requirements and workflow. It’s easy to assign resources to tasks based on availability, demand, and skills, thus making it simple to manage your team’s workload and ensure that tasks are finished on schedule.
With these features and more, this best project management software is the ideal solution for any team looking to upgrade their project management procedures.
Celoxis provides some widely-used integrations, such as Jira, Salesforce, QuickBooks, and Google Drive. These integrations make it possible for teams to optimize their processes and avoid having to manually input data or repeat the same steps multiple times.
Plans & Pricing
- Cloud: $22.5/user/month (billed annually)
- Premise: Best ROI in the industry, contact Celoxis for pricing
Birdview PSA – Best Project Management Software for Resource Management and Collaboration
Fee: Starts from $15/mo
Star rating: 3.2/5
Birdview is an automation system designed specifically for professional service companies. It allows for enhanced visibility during the entire service delivery process, making it possible to make informed choices, collaborate more effectively, and maintain synchronization between crucial steps.
The platform provides comprehensive project management features, along with tools for resource optimization, accounting, and portfolio and project monitoring. Birdview PSA does not require a long onboarding process, nor does it strain the budget. This is due to the platform’s easy-to-navigate interface and its compatibility with ERPs, CRMs, and thousands of other apps.
Why we chose it: Birdview PSA supplies groups with portfolio control systems to allocate resources precisely, evaluate, and rank multiple undertakings at the same time.
- Gives useful information based on historical results
- Ready-made dashboards and reports including key performance indicators and metrics for a wide range of projects and portfolios
- Indications, tools, and alarms built in to track whether or not the delivery schedule is being followed
- May allocate resources in accordance with their availability, expertise, and compatibility, and run “what-if” simulations to help minimize scheduling problems
- Lacks any kind of billing features
- Lacks in-platform proposal creation and management features
Project Managing Software allows managers to allot resources in accordance with access, abilities, and suitability, as well as simulate prospective situations to circumvent contradictions. It’s equipped with markers, utilities, and alarms to watch over keeping to the delivery plan.
It has in-built accounts and dashboards that display KPIs and stats across several projects and portfolios, enabling control teams to take prudent and knowledgeable actions.
Furthermore, Birdview PSA assists companies to order and grade upcoming projects or customers based on their worth, risk, strategic alignment, and resource demand.
Birdview PSA project management software supports connections with well-known applications such as Microsoft Project, QuickBooks, Salesforce, and HubSpot. Additionally, it also provides REST API and webhooks for customizing integration with other programs.
Plans & Pricing
- Lite: $13/user/month (billed annually), depending on user type
- Team: $19/user/month (billed annually), depending on user type
- Enterprise: Contact Birdview PSA for pricing
Smartsheet – Best Project Management Software for Automation
Fee: Starting from $7/mo
Star rating: 2.9/5
Smartsheet is like an Excel-based project management software. If you’re familiar with the basics of spreadsheets but want to avoid intricate formulas, this is a great platform for you since it does all the mathematics for you over multiple sheets.
It also has helpful project management capabilities such as automating tasks, displaying Gantt, calendar, and card views, and providing real-time alerts to team members about important changes.
Moreover, Smartsheet offers shared perspectives, activity chronicles, automated notifications, reminders, and updates on progress to ensure everyone stays up to date-and on the same page.
Furthermore, the Critical Path element emphasizes all the assignments that have a direct effect on when your project will be finished so you can keep watch over significant objectives.
If you’re the sort of person who wants everything to be tailored to them, including their resources, you can likewise include personalized brand logos and set distinctive color palettes for individual projects.
Why we chose it: Smartsheet has the ability to replace traditional programs with its user-friendly features, integrations, flexibility, and the ability to operate without programming. All of these are accessible via a familiar spreadsheet interface.
- Templates for projects and automation that have already been prebuilt, so you can start working right away
- Full records and access to orientation resources
- User-Friendly Interface
- Connecting sheet
- The Enterprise plan is the only one that has these safety enhancements
- Only the most expensive plans have access to the premium support service
- Some of the tools are optional extras
Smartsheet provides users with a range of features, such as dashboards, the capability to assemble multiple sheets into one report, automated processes, organization of resources, multiple perspectives, forms to gather data, and the use of Brandfolder for managing digital resources.
This platform provides an array of integrations with renowned software packages such as Microsoft and Google apps, as well as vital development utilities like Jira and advantageous business applications like Salesforce, ServiceNow, Slack, Box, and Tableau. Furthermore, it’s extendable with a REST API and webhooks, making it effortless to link with other instruments and personalize your workflow.
Plans & Pricing
- Free: $0 for up to one user and two editors
- Pro: $7/user/month (billed annually), best for teams with unlimited viewers
- Business: $25/user/month (billed annually), best for projects with unlimited editors
- Enterprise: Best for large teams, contact Smartsheet for pricing
Microsoft 365 – Best Project Management Software for Integration
Fee: Starting from $6/mo
Star rating: 2.6/5
Microsoft Office is frequently referred to as the best project management software, but this is mostly because its products are used by almost all companies. Microsoft Project was first released in 1984, making it the oldest project management software of its kind, and it’s still a favorite of experienced project directors. This expensive software has a steep learning curve, making it more suitable for those with the skills, resources, and time to make the most of it for very sophisticated projects.
Since we’re already familiar with the workings of Microsoft Office, supervisors usually reach out to these programs when they start exploring project management. However, spreadsheets and documents in Excel were not created for cooperation, so it would be best to combine them with a professional project management solution.
MS Project is comparable to other Microsoft Office applications in terms of its design and user experience, but it might be intimidating for those unfamiliar with project management. On the other hand, experienced professionals will be grateful for the extensive detail accessible for each task and resource, whether that resource is an individual, a certain role, a physical object, or something else.
Why we chose it: Gathering data can be incredibly influential, and both ready-made and tailored reports can be quickly saved and converted into Microsoft PowerPoint presentations for essential executive briefings.
- Covers each individual step of the process
- Descriptions of useful project templates to use as a starting point
- A rank-ordering module for driver-related strategies and goals
- Allows for seamless integration with your current Office 365 subscription
- Creates a Gantt chart when given a spreadsheet
- Tough starting point
- Unsatisfactory personalization options
- Collaborative technologies have some limitations
- Challenges for first-time users
- Expensive compared to similar products on the market
The package includes kanban boards, timelines with set targets, Power BI charts, requests for resources, heatmaps to detect overutilization, pre-constructed templates, report generation, task management, and portfolio organization.
Microsoft 365 is connected to some other Microsoft applications, such as Outlook, Excel, Skype, and so on.
Plans & Pricing
- Basic: $6/user/month (billed annually), with a 30-day trial
- Standard: $12.5/user/month (billed annually), with a 30-day trial
- Premium: $22/user/month (billed annually), with a 30-day trial
- Apps for Business: It’s a desktop version of Microsoft Apps for $8.25/user/month (billed annually), with a 30-day trial
Scoro – Best Project Managing Software for Professional and Creative Services
Fee: Starting from $26/mo
Star rating: 2.3/5
Scoro is a powerful project managing software created to help teams organize their tasks and reports. All jobs can be tracked and split up into smaller parts, allocated to specific team members, and given deadlines and objectives. It’s also very helpful when sending invoices, as users can easily craft quotes and bills through the application.
The all-in-one style of Scoro combines project management, time tracking, invoicing, and reporting into one platform, allowing teams to control all elements of their projects from one place.
This tool also features comprehensive reporting capacities that allow users to view project status updates, unscheduled time, and projects arranged by accounts.
Why we chose it: As opposed to breaking up your workflow with multiple applications, Scoro has chosen to bring together all the necessary components in a single, comprehensive platform. It offers a comprehensive solution to cover every step of the process, from planning to proposals, implementation, and even invoice collection.
- All users have access to a phone support line
- Simple accounting and record keeping
- Wide-ranging catalog of options
- There is no way to open a new window within another one
- Lackluster software for business usage
- A reasonable yet pricey method of pricing
Scoro is equipped with a range of functionalities that include project planning, task organization, time recording, invoicing, and analytics. Through Scoro, teams can generate and delegate tasks, monitor progress, and communicate promptly. Additionally, Scoro provides comprehensive reporting and analytics options so teams can understand the progress of projects and make decisions based on data.
Scoro’s project management platform has a selection of integrations with various programs and services to make collaboration and productivity easier. Some of the compatible integrations with Scoro are Trello, Zapier, Slack, Google Drive, and Microsoft Office 365.
Plans & Pricing
- Essential: $26/user/month (billed annually), best for basic management
- Standard: $37/user/month (billed annually), best for growing teams
- Pro: $63/user/month (billed annually), best for large organizations
- Ultimate: Contact Scoro for pricing
Nifty – Best Project Managing Software for Communication and Task Management
Fee: Starting from $39/mo
Star rating: 2/5
Nifty is an advanced project management system that speeds up the process of project completion and boosts team performance by integrating all the essential aspects of project management into one software. As a result, teams remain motivated and organizational objectives stay on track.
The software provides users the choice of managing tasks via kanban or list view, has a built-in calendar that can be linked with Google, and has document and file sharing options. It’s easy to collaborate on Nifty as each project has its own conversation thread to facilitate project-specific communication.
Furthermore, Nifty’s integration with Github makes it stand out from other project management tools as it encourages collaboration between different departments.
Why we chose it: Nifty has integrated time monitoring and reporting functions that give teams knowledge about how their projects are doing and make it possible to accurately budget and manage time.
- Always enhancing and expanding software with new features
- Integration and import
- Efficient cooperation within a team
- You may switch between different perspectives on the project data at any time
- Does not have a built-in printing option
- There is no PDF annotation functionality
- There is no graphical monitoring interface
- Zero customized automation
Nifty provides a comprehensive set of tools for project management, including task assignments, progress monitoring, team collaboration, time management, and project reporting. The platform also provides a convenient and efficient way for teams to communicate, with the help of a powerful timeline view that allows teams to get an overview of project timelines and understand their dependencies.
Nifty is integrated with some of the most well-known services like Google Drive, Slack, Zapier, and GitHub.
Plans & Pricing
- Free: $0 for unlimited members
- Starter: $39/user/month (billed annually), includes all core features
- Pro: $79/user/month (billed annually), best for growing teams
- Business: $124/user/month (billed annually), best for advanced teams
- Unlimited: $399/user/month (billed annually), fully scaled
Best Project Management Software – Buyers Guide
What Is Project Management Software?
Projects are complex activities requiring individual tasks to be completed in a particular order. For example, you need to construct a house before painting it, or you have to clean, rinse and dry a car before polishing it.
Project management is the process of organizing and scheduling tasks to be accomplished within a certain time span. Project management software assists with listing tasks, assigning resources, setting deadlines, and keeping track of all the details in a single location.
When working on a team project, every job is allocated to the particular person conducting it and the project management software enables collaboration. On the other hand, when managing personal projects, you would just need to make sure that each task is completed in the right order.
How to Choose a Project Management Software?
To begin with, you should make a list of what you need and then search for tools that have the features you need. Additionally, you must take the budget into account, along with the capacity for file storage, the option of guest access, and integration choices.
Project management software should connect and share data with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) programs, email marketing platforms, marketing automation systems, landing page builders, SMS marketing applications, and any other services you use. If not, you will spend a considerable amount of time shifting between tabs and moving data by hand.
Lastly, before you make a purchase, always test the tool with your team.
What are Gantt Charts in Project Management Software?
A Gantt chart is a visual representation of a project plan which is displayed over a timeline. It consists of two sections: the left side provides an overview of all the tasks involved, and the right side shows the timeline and schedule bars.
This tool is mostly used for the reasons listed below:
- Create a mental image of the finished product
- Examine the interrelationships between activities
- Maintain communication
- Put it to work organizing your supplies
- Find out when crucial events like meetings, deadlines, and approvals need to take place
What Can You Do With a Project Management App?
Applications for project management offer you the capacity to manage the growth and fulfillment of a project from any place via the web, iOS, or Android gadgets. Most of the time, an app for project administration is utilized close by the work area adaptation of a similar project management software. This relationship gives more adaptability concerning when and where team members can work on and stay aware of the project.
By means of your app, you can arrange projects, make outlines and timetables for them, delegate errands or jobs, deal with asset designation, and follow your project to fulfillment. You can even welcome a team to your project app with the goal that everybody can cooperate on it. Moreover, you can incorporate other applications for included highlights that enable the simplicity or accomplishment of project completion.
Our Ranking Methodology for the Best Project Management Software
When evaluating and comparing project management software, a variety of criteria were taken into consideration in order to ensure that the final list was thorough and impartial. The following is a detailed breakdown of the ranking process that was employed to evaluate and arrange the project management software:
- Features: When assessing the effectiveness of project management software, one must take into account the range of functionalities it provides
- Ease of use: Any project management system that’s worth its salt should be user-friendly, even for individuals who do not possess technical know-how. The user interface should be designed such that it’s easy to comprehend and use the various features
- Integrations: The program should be able to fit together with other programs and applications, allowing various groups to smoothly and productively collaborate
- Flexibility: The program should be able to support many different types of project management approaches and processes, granting teams the freedom to customize it to satisfy
- Scalability: The software must be able to meet the requirements of businesses of any size, ranging from small to large, and be able to adapt as necessary
- Customer support: When selecting a project management platform, it’s essential to ensure that it provides excellent customer service
- Pricing: The cost of the software should be reasonable and the payment plans should be clear and provide a good value for what is paid
Best Project Management Frequently Asked Questions
These are the questions that were asked the most often in order to answer any additional inquiries that you have.
Is Project Management Software Worth It?
Absolutely! There are countless advantages to having project management software. Most people initially see it as a way to enhance their productivity, but the right software can do more than that.
By investing in top-notch project management software like Monday.com, ClickUp, or Asana, you can link your entire business to your major plans and objectives. This will let everyone collaborate more efficiently on the most important projects.
What’s the Difference Between Project Management Software and Task Management Software?
Software designed for task management is solely used for the purpose of keeping track of tasks and bettering efficiency. This usually involves a digitalized list of things to do, but with more features. Project management applications go beyond merely managing tasks and incorporate the organization, planning, and objectives of a project.
This takes into account the bigger picture and the important work that needs to be done, as well as the tasks that need to be completed to achieve the goals. A great project management system may contain task management capabilities, but the opposite is not always true.
Who Uses Project Management Software Tools?
Different types of software programs for handling projects are employed by:
- Remote workers
- Individuals managing multiple projects
- Small business owners
- Sales teams
- Contractors and construction workers
- Work teams
Bottom Line on The Best Project Management Software
It doesn’t matter if you have a small or large team, project management software can be beneficial in regards to teamwork, tackling any obstacles that may arise, as well as streamlining processes. Monday.com stands out as the best project management software as it’s cost-effective, user-friendly, and can be used by any size business.
Nevertheless, each company is unique and may require something more specific. We have a list of project management software that we believe will satisfy your company’s needs.