Do you ever feel as though the day is too short to complete all of your schoolwork? All of us have been there. But don’t worry! You can easily organize your workflow and meet goals with the appropriate project management software for students.
We’ve compiled a list of the top project management software for students to help them succeed academically and maximize their productivity, from task organization to peer collaboration. Are you prepared to increase your productivity? Let’s start now!
7 Best Project Management Tools for Students 2023
- Monday.com – Best Project Management for Students Overall
- ClickUp – Best for Flexible Task Management
- Asana – Best for Collaboration and Communication
- Zoho Projects – Best for Budget-Conscious Students
- Trello – Best for a Simple, Intuitive Interface
- Teamwork – Best for Advanced Features
- Smartsheet – Best for Customization
We looked at several criteria, including cost, compatibility with popular platforms, simplicity of use, and accessibility, to determine the top project management software for students.
To make sure the tools were well received by the student body, we also took a look at evaluations and comments made by actual users. We created a list of the best project management for students of all classes based on these standards.
Monday.com – Best Project Management Tool for Students Overall
Fees: beginning at $8 monthly
Star rating: 4.9/5
Students who favor a clean interface and are visual learners will find Monday.com the best project management software for students. Project workflows, due deadlines, and team responsibilities are simple to visualize and arrange, thanks to its user-friendly, color-coded interface.
Students can design customized workflows to meet their particular requirements using the drag-and-drop functionality and customizable templates available on Monday.com. If you or your team are searching for comprehensive project management ideas for students’ solutions, this is it.
- A simple, intuitive UI that’s also customizable
- A variety of tools for managing chores, projects, and teams
- File exchange, comments, and notification tools for collaboration
- Integration with other programs and tools, such as Google Drive and the Slack mobile app, for access while traveling
- Pricing can be prohibitive for single users or small organizations.
- There are few choices for customization of some features, such as task dependencies.
- No time monitoring functionality
- The reporting tools could be stronger
- A brief trial time of freedom
The highly adaptable project management software for students, Monday.com provides a wide range of customization choices to meet particular requirements.
Users can handle tasks and projects with ease thanks to the program’s user-friendly visual interface and a wide selection of customizable templates that can be used for a variety of individual and group project management software for students.
Students who need to remain organized and monitor project management software for students’ progress in real-time should check out Monday.com, which has collaborative task management tools and color-coded task statuses.
The platform’s sophisticated features, like the ability to monitor progress, log time spent on a project, and manage finances, make it an effective resource for handling even the most intricate projects.
Students can use Monday.com to get the resources they need to remain productive and meet their academic objectives, whether they’re working alone or in a group.
Include Zapier-accessible project management ideas for students, such as Google Drive, Slack, Google Calendar, Gmail, Dropbox, Jira, GitHub, Trello, Typeform Slack, and many others.
Plans & Pricing
- Individual: Free for two chairs maximum.
- Basic: Best for small organizations, $8 per user per month (billed annually).
- Standard: $10 per user per month (billed annually), ideal for job management.
- Pro: The best price for businesses to interact with teams is $16 per user per month (billed annually).
- Enterprise: Businesses should manage and expand workflow, Inquire with Monday.com for prices.
ClickUp – Best Flexible Project Management Tool for Students
Fee: Starting at $5/mo
Star rating: 4.6/5
One platform for managing and finishing all of your team’s tasks is ClickUp, a powerful project management software for students. Users have access to a centralized workspace where they can plan projects, assign duties, and manage resources. They can also communicate and work together with other users on the team and with visitors.
Students who need to manage many assignments and projects in the project management software for students will find ClickUp’s task organization function to be especially useful.
Students can use ClickUp to make different lists for every subject and arrange tasks appropriately. This not only aids in keeping track of their workload but also in assigning importance and urgency to individual jobs.
Students can set reminders and deadlines to help them finish their tasks on time. Students can manage their workload more effectively and experience less stress by using ClickUp’s task organization tool.
- Free blueprint for life for people
- Strong traits
- Over a thousand connections
- Higher level job management
- Manage difficult tasks with ease
- Ready-made designs
- Numerous views accessible
- Numerous choices for automation
- Expensive for smaller companies
- Time monitoring has some kinks
- For novice users, it might be overwhelming
- The mobile software isn’t very user-friendly
The numerous features of ClickUp’s flexible project management ideas for students can help them. The list view, board view, and calendar view all add versatility to the administration of projects.
Its teamwork features make it simple to share files and information with team members. Both organization and productivity are aided by the assignment hierarchy and automation features.
The platform also features budgeting, time monitoring, and connections to other productivity tools. ClickUp is an all-inclusive tool that can assist students in efficiently managing their tasks.
Include native connections with Dropbox, G Suite, Slack, and many other tools in addition to the more than 1,000 Zapier integrations.
Plans & Pricing
- Free Forever: No charge for the use of the bench.
- Unlimited: Best for small organizations, $5 per user per month (billed annually).
- Business: Best for mid-sized businesses, $12 per user per month (billed yearly).
- Business Plus: Best for numerous teams, $19 per user per month (billed annually).
- Enterprise: Best for many big teams; inquire about pricing with ClickUp.
Asana – Best Collaboration and Communication Project Management Tool for Students
Fee: Beginning with $10.99 a month
Star rating: 4.3/5
Utilize Asana for students to become proactive, organized learners. Asana, one of the top project management software for students, enables you to keep up with everything going on at your school or institution in the most efficient way possible.
You won’t skip out on any material, whether a brand-new assignment or standard classwork. Due to calendar synchronization and clutter-free administration via a single dashboard, deadlines won’t be a problem for you anymore.
If you assumed that using this web project management for students was all work and no play, you were mistaken. Students can plan and organize their extracurricular activities with Asana as meticulously as their academic work.
- Friendly user design
- Powerful teamwork capabilities
- Flexible project management for students skills
- Adaptable processes
- Limited capacity for filing
- Incline learning curve
- Few possibilities for modification
- Numerous alerts
The ease with which assignments and projects in the project management software for students can be created and managed thanks to Asana’s user-friendly interface is one of its main advantages.
Assigning due dates and priorities, creating subtasks, and setting reminders are just some of the many customizable features of the platform that can help students remain on top of their work.
Asana’s capacity to promote team member collaboration and conversation is another benefit. Students can collaborate on group tasks and instantly share ideas and feedback by commenting and sharing files on the platform.
Asana also integrates with other productivity tools like Google Drive, Dropbox, and Slack, which can improve productivity and streamline processes.
Asana’s project timelines and status reports are two of the many time-saving features that help users remain on schedule. Students can use the platform’s calendar display to understand their schedules better and determine how to allocate their time.
Asana provides a mobile app so students can view their assignments and projects while on the go.
Asana is simple to use in conjunction with other tools because it works with many well-known third-party programs, including Google Drive, Slack, and Zapier.
Plans & Pricing
- Basic: Free for use by lone wolves or little squads.
- Premium: The best price for teams to make project plans is $10.99 per user per month (billed annually).
- Business: $24.99 per user per month (billed yearly), ideal for managing businesses.
Zoho Projects – Best Budget-Friendly Project Management Tool for Students
Fee: Starting from $4/mo
Star rating: 3.9/5
Students can handle their school projects with the aid of Zoho Projects, a project management idea for students program. It provides several features, including task lists, goals, Gantt charts, and file sharing, which make it simpler for students to work with their peers, monitor progress, and get in touch with teachers.
Task Automation automates mundane tasks like sending reminders and assigning tasks, while Project Timesheets help project administrators keep track of time spent on tasks and produce reports. Project management for students can be made even more effective and robust by integrating Zoho Projects with other programs.
- Subscription packages with the lowest prices
- Robust trait
- Providing existing Zoho customers with a familiar interface and bundle value
- Five users can use the free option.
- Syncing with Google and Zoho apps
- For hourly billing, use time tracking
- The use of Gantt schedules is challenging
- For large teams, reporting systems fail
- No choices to export certain file types
- Some reporting tools are absent
- Not compatible with QuickBooks
Zoho Projects provides project management software for students for managing and automating tasks, creating blueprints, monitoring time and issues, generating reports, and holding in-depth discussions with your team.
You can link to several of Zoho’s other services, including Zoho Books and the finance suite, if you’re a member of the Zoho ecosystem.
Third-party connections, such as those with Zapier, Zendesk, Microsoft Teams, Google Drive, Microsoft Office 365, and ServiceNow, are also supported by the new Zoho marketplace. Additionally enabled are integrations using Zoho Flow and Zapier.
Plans & Pricing
- Free: Up to three individuals are free.
- Premium: With a yearly billing rate of $4 per user and a risk-free 10-day trial.
- Enterprise: With a yearly billing rate of $9 per user and a free trial of 10 days.
Trello – Best Student Project Management Tool for a Simple and Intuitive Interface
Fee: beginning at $5 monthly
Star rating: 3.6/5
Students can organize their projects very effectively with Trello. Students can easily keep track of their tasks, due dates, and advancement thanks to its user-friendly interface with project management software for students.
Students can use the boards to keep track of course resources, share notes with peers, and organize their work.
Trello also has strong features like Power-ups that let users connect it to other efficiency programs like Google Drive, Evernote, and Slack. The ability to automate repetitive activities with the aid of automation rules also helps students manage their academic projects much more easily.
Overall, Trello is a fantastic choice for students looking for straightforward yet efficient project management ideas for students to keep them on top of their work and organized.
- Can receive intelligent automation advice based on the repetitive activities you perform
- Many add-ons known as Powerups enhance your board’s functionality across platforms
- Team cooperation
- Not trustworthy for in-depth analysis
- Customer testimonials note difficulties contacting support
- Absence of built-in time monitoring capabilities
- Unsuitable for intricate tasks
One of Trello’s standout features is its adaptable board system, which enables students to make boards for various projects and utilize cards to symbolize particular tasks or items.
Trello makes it simple to collaborate with team members through notes, attachments, and mentions. Students can use labels, filters, checklists, and due dates to help them arrange their work.
Trello also makes it simple to use other tools in conjunction with it by integrating with well-known third-party programs, including GitHub, Slack, and Google Drive.
Plans & Pricing
- Free: $0 for your whole team.
- Standard: $5/user/month (billed annually), best for small teams.
- Premium: $10/user/month (billed annually), best for teams to track multiple projects.
- Enterprise: $17.5/user/month (billed annually), best for organizations to connect work across teams.
Teamwork – Best Student Project Management Tool for Advanced Features
Fee: Starting from $9.99/mo
Star rating: 3.3/5
For students who have to oversee complex projects that involve multiple team members, Teamwork is a platform for project management software for students that can be especially useful.
One of Teamwork’s key benefits is its cutting-edge features, that make it simple to cooperate and keep track of project details.
For instance, Teamwork provides tools like time tracking so that students can keep track of how long each job takes and meet deadlines. Gantt charts are provided, which make it simple to see project timelines and spot possible bottlenecks.
Students can also create project templates through teamwork, which can then be modified to meet their unique requirements and expedite the project setup process.
The strong connections offered by Teamwork are an additional benefit. The network provides connections to many third-party applications, including Slack, Dropbox, and Google Drive.
This makes it simple to exchange files, talk to teammates, and maintain organization across various platforms.
- Infinite coworkers with paid contracts
- Free form is offered
- All options offer a free 30-day trial
- Countless customers
- Large storage capacity for paid programs
- Budget monitoring
- Features for managing clients, like billing
- Little connection
- Limited free option available
- More expensive than many rivals
- Lower tiers with few security elements
Task management, where consumers can generate and assign tasks and monitor their progress, collaboration tools, like feedback, mentions, as well as file sharing, that help teams work more productively together, time tracking.
Teamwork enables users to keep track of how much time they spend on various tasks, and project templates that let users establish new projects quickly and effortlessly are all examples of teamwork.
Teamwork also offers integrations with many popular tools, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, and Slack. With its comprehensive features and user-friendly interface.
Plans & Pricing
- Free Forever: $0 for up to 5 users.
- Deliver: $9.99/user/month (billed annually), best for basic project management.
- Grow: $17.99/user/month (billed annually), best for complex projects.
- Scale: Best for a customized plan. Contact Teamwork for pricing.
Smartsheet – Best Student Project Management Tool for Customization
Fee: Starting from $7/mo
Star rating: 3/5
A platform for project administration and collaboration called Smartsheet has many advantages for students. Smartsheet’s flexibility and customization choices are among its main benefits.
From schedules for classes to group tasks, the platform provides a wide variety of templates that can be altered to meet the requirements of specific students and projects.
The ability for students to collaborate on projects and tasks in real-time with Smartsheet’s collaboration tools is another advantage. This includes the capacity to exchange files, post comments, and monitor advancement.
When several students might be assigned the same job in a group project or assignment, these features can be especially helpful. Smartsheet provides cutting-edge features like integrated reporting and metrics, automated workflows, and advanced features.
Besides streamlining project administration and improving efficiency, this can give students insightful information about their development and performance.
- Pleasant service
- Onboarding help and extensive paperwork
- Prebuilt projects and automation tools speed up work
- Sheet links
- Several tools require extra purchases
- Security tools are Enterprise-only
- Only higher-tier plans get premium help
Dashboards, reports that combine data from multiple sheets, process automation, resource management, various perspectives, information collection forms, and Brandfolder-powered digital asset management are just a few of Smartsheet’s features.
The platform provides numerous interfaces with well-liked programs like Microsoft and Google apps, crucial development tools like Jira, and practical business programs such as Salesforce, ServiceNow, Slack, Box, and Tableau.
It’s also simple to link with other tools and alter your workflow thanks to the platform’s extensibility via a REST API and webhooks.
Plans & Pricing
- Free: $0 for up to one user and two editors.
- Pro: $7/user/month (billed annually), best for teams with unlimited viewers.
- Business: $25/user/month (billed annually), best for projects with unlimited editors.
- Enterprise: Best for large teams. Contact Smartsheet for pricing.
Our Ranking Methodology for the Best Project Management Tools for Students
Ranking the best tools for managing projects for learners can be a difficult and subjective task because each tool has a unique set of features and advantages that may be suitable for a range of requirements and tastes.
However, the following are some aspects that we considered when assessing project management software for students:
- User interface: An intuitive user interface that’s simple to use even for non-technical users is essential for project management for students’ applications. Users should be able to modify the tool’s interface to suit their individual demands.
- Collaboration features: Project management ideas for students ought to have collaboration features that allow simple job assignments and communication between team members as students frequently work on group projects. Responding could be a part of this, @mentioning, and real-time editing.
- Task management: For students to easily develop, manage, and track tasks, project management software for students must make this process simple. This might comprise tools like job lists, due dates, and progress tracking.
- Customization options: Due to the individual nature of each project and task, project management for students ought to allow customization to meet particular requirements. The capacity to design templates, unique fields, and tags may fall under this category.
- Integration with other tools: To improve workflow and management efficiency, project management ideas for students ought to link to other productivity tools like Google Drive or Slack.
- Mobile access: A project management for students ought to have a mobile app that allows them to view their projects on the go, given the rising use of mobile devices.
- Pricing: An affordable project management idea for students or offering a free version with sufficient features should be available since students might have limited financial resources.
It became conceivable to classify project management software for students based on how well they satisfy these requirements after taking these factors into account. However, it’s essential to remember that the order may change based on personal preferences and unique requirements.
Best Project Management Tools for Students – Buyers Guide
Why Use Project Management Software for Students?
Tools for project management for students can be very beneficial for several reasons:
- Stay organized: It can be simple for students to become overwhelmed and lose track of what needs to be done with so many projects, deadlines, and assignments to keep track of. By keeping everything in one location and organized, project management ideas for students make it simpler to prioritize tasks and maintain control over them.
- Collaboration: Project management for students may assist collaboration by enabling them to assign tasks, monitor progress, and interact with one another in real time. Many projects call for teamwork.
- Time management: Academic achievement depends on efficient time management. Students can better organize their workloads, establish realistic deadlines, and adhere to their schedules with project management ideas for students.
- Accountability: Students can hold themselves as well as the other members of their group responsible for completing assignments on time and hitting project milestones by using a project management software for students.
- Efficiency: Students can simplify their work processes, cut out pointless delays, and eliminate duplication of effort with the aid of project management ideas for students.
Project management tools may help students in improving their academic performance and achievement by fostering greater organization, productivity, and teamwork.
Is Project Management Software for Students Worth It?
The quick response is “yes”! The advantages of project management software for students
are almost limitless.
Most of the time, project management software for students is bought with productivity in mind, but the best tools can help you in more ways than just increasing your production.
You can eliminate silos and link your entire business to your biggest visions and goals by investing in the finest project management software for students, which includes Monday.com, ClickUp, or Asana.
Everyone can work more effectively on the most important projects as a result.
What’s the Difference Between Project Management Software and Task Management Software?
Software designed specifically for managing tasks is used, and it has a production-oriented emphasis.
This frequently resembles a more advanced computerized to-do list. The planning, organization, and objectives of a project are actually covered by project management software for students, which goes beyond task management.
This combines the big picture with the high-impact job and the specific steps needed to get there. The ability to manage tasks is a feature of good project management software for students, but the opposite isn’t always true.
Best Project Management Tools for Students – Frequently Asked Questions
For your convenience, we’ve provided answers to our most commonly asked questions below.
What Is Project Management Software?
Tasks for project management software for students must be completed sequentially because they’re intricate processes. In most cases, some duties must be completed before others.
For instance, constructing a home and painting it both come before washing, rinsing, and drying a vehicle.
Project management for students lays out the procedures and tasks needed to complete them within a given time limit. With the aid of project management software for students, you can list tasks, allocate resources, set due dates, and monitor everything from one location.
If the project is a team effort, each task will be assigned to a specific person, and collaboration will be made feasible by the project management ideas for students. In contrast, you only need to worry about completing each personal job in the proper order.
What Are the 4 Types of Project Management Software?
Individual, collaborative, integrated, as well as cloud-based project management software for students are the four major categories.
Does Google Have a Project Management Tool?
Project administration software isn’t currently available on Google. The nearest equivalent is Google Workspace, a cloud-based digital office suite with apps like Calendar, Chat, Gmail, Drive, Docs, Slides, Meet, Keep, Forms, Sites, as well as Sheets that you may already be accustomed to using.
Bottom Line on Best Project Management Tools for Students
In today’s digital era, project management software for students is a requirement. While assisting students in developing outstanding organization and self-discipline to pursue their academic objectives, the solution also simplifies management for teachers and staff.
The project management for students we covered above, including Monday.com, ClickUp, and Asana, are among the many commercial and free PM software options available to students. Make an educated choice by first analyzing your needs and then comparing the features of various solutions to those needs.