Search engine visibility is a decisive factor for any company that runs its website. SEO domain visibility helps you reach out to your audience and let them get captivated with your products and services.
We know how hard it may be for beginners not to get confused by so much contradictory information on the web. That is why we want to connect all dots and explain how to increase visibility on Google for your business and boost your rankings.
Where to Start
Increasing search engine visibility and online presence begins with laying the groundwork. Your rankings depend drastically on what you can offer to your audience, and only then on your optimization skills. So before you get deeper into SEO tactics, consider taking the three fundamental steps:
- Sketch your target users: their age, gender, occupation, and other things that may be important for your business. This will make it easier to find them and appeal to their hearts.
- Define the value of your business, namely your products or services. Which issues of your target audience could they solve? What could people love it for? Then, you will find the right words to describe it.
- Focus on the quality of your content, avoid superficiality and poor style. Deliver valuable information, conduct deep research, engage with visuals, share original and unique materials – only this can bring your products to the visitors’ attention.
After you accomplish these steps, you will be ready to get into search engine optimization itself. In short, there are two sides to SEO: the one that targets your website and its structure (on-page SEO) and the other that implies interaction with other web spaces and integrates your website in a wider business community (off-page SEO).
How to Increase Visibility on Google: 2 Major Aspects
- Add Keywords Dosaged. Normally, marketers do not mention keywords in the first place while depicting perfect on-page optimization. That is because their overuse is not central anymore, unlike optimization a decade ago. But we listed it first because you need to use keywords in many parts of your page. These are titles, subheaders, URLs, meta descriptions, alt texts, as well as the first 100-150 words of the body content.
- URL Optimization. Make your URL as short and descriptive as possible. Avoid unnecessary punctuation, numbers, letters, etc.
- Add Tags. The H1 and H2 tags for the title and subheaders, respectively, are must-do for quality on-page optimization. It will make your content more structured both for readers and search engines.
- Don’t Forget About Meta Descriptions. It is a small step that will make your page look more professional, though. Ideally, keep it in less than 100 signs, so that Google does not cut them off. They should be descriptive so that users could understand the content of the page even before entering it. If you ignore this detail, search engines will insert a random snippet of your content as a meta description, which can alienate the users.
- Compress & Optimize Images. High-quality original visuals are crucial for ranking high in search engine results. To make a step further, optimize your images for search engines: compress them to speed up the page and add alt text to make them searchable and crawlable.
- Optimize for Mobile. While design, navigation, and page speed are crucial for your website, it is also important to keep their quality on other devices, namely tablets, smartphones, etc.
- Invest in Backlinks. Links from other bloggers to your website show your value to Google and encourage search engines to increase your online search visibility. The more backlinks from relevant reputable websites you get, the more authoritative you become. To reach that status, you can turn to a backlinks building service, or study the variety of backlink earning techniques on your own.
- Write for Others. Guest blogging is not only one of the most popular and effective ways to generate good backlinks but also a chance to attract a wider audience. In addition, you build strong relationships with your business partners, which cannot be useless in the future.
- Become Social. Social media is not only a meme paradise or a procrastination trap. For your business, it is a perfect source of traffic and, once again, backlinks. To use them at maximum, choose a platform according to your potential customers’ preferences. Then, use your business account to share even more engaging content with your future customers, and be friendly with your clients.
Working on your website’s search visibility is a complex and multifaceted process. There are even more tactics you can implement in your SEO strategy. For that, visit virtualassistantassistant.com and enhance your understanding of SEO domain visibility.
In our turn, we are hoping to have led you through the all necessary basics of optimization, so that you feel more confident about choosing the right direction. Never stop learning, and you will face long-term prosperity pretty soon.