The smooth running of healthcare operations, where time is of the essence, depends on good project management software for healthcare. This software can help manage patient care and administrative tasks, making it an essential tool in the industry.
This article will talk about the best project management software for healthcare. This will help healthcare professionals keep their teams organized, on schedule, and focused on providing high-quality patient care.
10 Best Project Management Software for Healthcare in 2023
- Monday.com – Best Project Management Software for Healthcare Overall
- ClickUp – Best for Versatile Project Management
- Asana – Best for Streamlined Task Management
- Wrike – Best for Agile Project Management
- Zoho Projects – Best for Budget-Friendly Collaboration
- Trello – Best for Visual Task Management
- Birdview PSA – Best for Service Management Automation
- Smartsheet – Best for Dynamic Spreadsheet Collaboration
- Microsoft Project – Best for Complex Project Tracking Software
- Nifty – Best for Collaborative Task Management
To find the best project management software for healthcare, the features and functions of each piece of software are examined, along with how well they fit the needs of the industry. The evaluation looks at how well they follow HIPAA rules, how safe their data is, and how well they work with Electronic Health Records (EHRs).
Another criterion is how well the healthcare project management software can manage tasks, resources, budgets, and schedules is another criterion. The opinions and ratings of users are also taken into account to figure out how useful and easy to use the software is.
In the end, considering these factors leads to the best project management software for healthcare institutions.
Monday.com – Best Project Management Software for Healthcare Overall
Fees: Starting at $8/mo
Star rating: 4.9/5
Monday.com is like a Swiss army knife for healthcare professionals because it can be used for many things. This all-in-one platform makes it easier to manage projects, run clinics, and run a business, making it an important tool for medical professionals.
Its user-friendly interface makes it an ideal partner for doctors and surgeons who want to improve patient care and efficiency.
Monday.com’s project management in healthcare is a platform that follows HIPAA rules to keep confidential patient information safe. It also helps automate workflows to reduce mistakes and save time. So, doctors and nurses can focus on giving their patients good medical care.
Monday.com has a great medicine chart template that can be changed to fit the needs of the user. This feature facilitates healthcare practitioners’ keeping track of patient treatment details from a centralized location without extensive paperwork or spreadsheet management.
Monday.com’s project management software for healthcare isn’t just for one person to use. Instead, it’s a platform that helps team members work together and talk to each other.
This tool makes it easy for medical teams to work together and share information and updates in real-time. Such a feature fosters a culture of transparency and accountability among team members.
The best thing about Monday.com healthcare project management software is that it’s affordable, which means that even small medical practices can use its powerful features. There’s also a free trial, so there are no risks to trying it out.
- Free version available
- Free trials to test advanced features
- Mobile app version
- Lots of integrations
- Attractive, easily customizable interface
- Abundant templates
- New features are constantly added
- Collaboration across organizations and external teams
- Gantt and Kanban charts
- Limited features in the lower tiers
- Frequent glitches with new features
- The steep learning curve with advanced features
- Cluttered boards for in-depth or complex projects
- Limited reporting options
Plans & Pricing
- Individual: Free for upto two seats.
- Basic: $8/user/month (billed annually). Best for small teams.
- Standard: $10/user/month (billed annually). Best for managing work.
- Pro: $16/user/month (billed annually). Best for companies to connect with teams.
- Enterprise: Best for organizations to run and scale workflow. Contact Monday.com for pricing.
ClickUp – Best Versatile Project Management Software for Healthcare
Fee: Starting at $5/mo
Star rating: 4.6/5
ClickUp is the best choice if you’re looking for a more advanced way to handle your healthcare management tasks. This cloud-based healthcare project management software is flexible and made for healthcare professionals who want to streamline their processes and make their daily tasks easier.
ClickUp offers a comprehensive set of project management software for healthcare tools that make it easy for healthcare professionals to manage patient records, inventory, and documents.
ClickUp gives you all the tools you need to run healthcare operations efficiently by automating things like contract and SLA processes, scheduling patient appointments, and managing routine tasks.
ClickUp has templates and forms for health care that can be changed easily to fit each person’s needs. The software follows several rules, such as HIPAA, SOC, the Privacy Shield Framework, and GDPR. This makes sure that patient information is always safe and secure.
One of the best things about ClickUp healthcare project management software is its affordability, as its plans begin at a low price of $5 per month. The software offers a free trial and a free plan to use indefinitely, making it an excellent time to test out this innovative healthcare management tool.
- Free forever plan for individuals
- Robust features
- Over 1,000 integrations
- Advanced task management
- Easily manage complex projects
- Pre-built templates
- Many views available
- Lots of automation options
- Top tiers can get pricey for small businesses
- Time tracking can be glitchy
- Can be overwhelming for new users
- The mobile app isn’t overly intuitive
Plans & Pricing
- Free Forever: Free seat for personal use.
- Unlimited: $5/user/month (billed annually). Best for small teams.
- Business: $12/user/month (billed annually). Best for mid-sized companies.
- Business Plus: $19/user/month (billed annually). Best for multiple teams.
- Enterprise: Best for many large teams. Contact ClickUp for pricing.
Asana – Best Streamlining Project Management Software for Healthcare
Fee: Starting at $10.99/mo
Star rating: 4.3/5
Asana is a remarkable software for project management that has proved useful for healthcare organizations and professionals. It simplifies everyday tasks, automates workflows, and enhances project management efficiency.
Asana is the best project management software for healthcare management because it can be used to keep track of and manage patient records, schedules, and inventory.
Asana is known for having an easy-to-use interface that lets healthcare professionals create and manage projects and tasks with ease, delegate tasks, and check on progress in real-time. Asana also gives you customized templates and forms to help you make and manage project workflows that are made to fit your needs.
Asana’s ability to work with other healthcare project management software, such as Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems, appointment scheduling tools, and billing software, is a big plus.
By doing this, all healthcare data can be gathered and managed in one place, improving efficiency and productivity.
Asana has strong security measures that meet standards like HIPAA, SOC, the Privacy Shield Framework, and GDPR. These steps protect patients’ data, which gives you peace of mind when working with sensitive information.
Asana’s project management software for healthcare provides a range of plans for different budgets that cater to small clinics and large hospitals. Their paid plans come at a starting price of $10.99 per user per month and offer several features, such as priority support, custom fields, and forms.
For those who want to test the software first, Asana offers a free plan that can accommodate teams of up to 15 users. This makes it a feasible option for healthcare professionals who want to try the software before purchasing a paid plan.
- User-friendly interface
- Powerful collaboration features
- Versatile project management capabilities
- Customizable workflows
- Limited reporting capabilities
- Steep learning curve
- Limited customization options
- Overwhelming notifications
Plans & Pricing
- Basic: Free for individual use or small teams.
- Premium: $10.99/user/month (billed annually), best for teams to create project plans.
- Business: $24.99/user/month (billed annually), best for companies to manage.
Wrike – Best Agile Project Management Software for Healthcare
Fee: Starting at $9.80/mo
Star rating: 4/5
By using Wrike’s effective dashboard and different views, you can see all of patients’ medical records and data. Working together on tasks, exchanging progress reports, and even automating workflows can all be done to enhance productivity and save time.
With the ability to customize workflows and add cloud storage, Wrike can be changed to meet your specific needs and keep your data safe. Wrike has pre-made templates that are tailored for healthcare teams, which saves time on setup and allows for immediate action.
Also, the software has good reporting tools that help healthcare teams keep track of their progress, identify weak spots, and make well-informed decisions about their operations.
Wrike’s most notable feature is its dedication to maintaining security. It follows HIPAA rules and has support for two-factor authentication, which makes sure that your patients’ information is safe.
Wrike offers healthcare teams of any size an economical solution with plans starting at only $9.80 per month. There are also options for customized pricing for larger teams and organizations to make sure they get a plan that meets their needs and fits their budget.
To put it simply, healthcare providers seeking a robust, safe, and cost-effective project management solution will find Wrike to be an ideal option.
- Easy to use
- Special account types for marketing/creative teams and professional services
- Can manage both projects and ongoing work
- New intelligent features flag projects at risk of slipping
- Longer learning curve
- Expensive compared to other tools
- Several tools are only available as an add-on feature or a higher subscription
Plans & Pricing
- Free: $0 for teams getting started.
- Team: $9.8/user/month (billed annually). Best for growing teams.
- Business: $24.8/user/month (billed annually). Best for all teams across an organization.
- Enterprise: Best for large teams. Contact Wrike for pricing.
- Pinnacle: Best for teams with complex work. Contact Wrike for pricing.
Zoho Projects – Best Budget-Friendly Collaborative Project Management Software for Healthcare
Fee: Starting from $4/mo
Star rating: 3.9/5
Zoho Projects for Healthcare is a useful tool that helps healthcare professionals manage their projects and improve the outcomes for their patients. Its easy-to-use interface and wide range of features make it easy for users to manage projects, work together with team members, and keep track of their progress, all from a single platform.
The unique thing about Zoho Project Management Software in healthcare is that it can be changed to fit the needs of each user, no matter where they work, like in a hospital, clinic, or research institute.
Zoho healthcare project management software is easy to connect to other healthcare software tools, like Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) and medical billing systems, thanks to its powerful APIs and integrations.
Although Zoho Corporation doesn’t promote its Zoho Projects software as HIPAA compliant, it does provide a version of Zoho CRM software that complies with HIPAA regulations and caters to the needs of healthcare providers.
It’s important to know that just because software doesn’t have HIPAA compliance ads doesn’t mean it can’t be used in a HIPAA-compliant way.
Before using Zoho’s project management in healthcare to manage patient data, healthcare professionals need to look at its features and security measures to see if they’re in line with HIPAA rules.
If a healthcare professional wants to use Zoho Project Management software for healthcare to store or manage Protected Health Information (PHI), they must sign a business associate agreement (BAA) with Zoho Corporation.
This contract tells both the healthcare provider and Zoho what their responsibilities are when it comes to PHI. It’s required by HIPAA regulations for any outside vendor that can access PHI.
- Least expensive subscription plans
- Robust feature
- Familiar with interface and bundling value for existing Zoho customers
- Free plan for up to five users
- Integration with Zoho and Google apps
- Time tracking for hourly billing
- Gantt charts are cumbersome to use
- Reporting tools break down for large teams
- Lack of file type export options
- Lacks some reporting features
- Does not integrate with QuickBooks
Plans & Pricing
- Free: $0 for up to three users.
- Premium: $4/user/month (billed annually), with a free 10-day trial.
- Enterprise: $9/user/month (billed annually), with a free 10-day trial.
Trello – Best Visual Project Management Software for Healthcare
Fee: Starting at $5/mo
Star rating: 3.6/5
Trello is a tool for project management in healthcare that can help healthcare workers a lot. It makes them more productive and makes their work easier. Its features and interface are made to make project management, organization, and working as a team easier. This makes it an important tool for people who work in healthcare.
Trello gives users a big advantage by letting them see their projects in a clear and organized way. Its easy-to-use “boards” and “cards” system lets complicated projects be broken down into smaller, more manageable tasks and keeps track of how each task is going through different stages.
Trello can be beneficial for healthcare professionals working on complicated clinical projects or research projects involving more than one person.
Trello is a very flexible healthcare project management software because it can be changed to fit the needs of healthcare professionals. Users can make their own labels, tags, and filters to sort their projects and tasks into valuable groups.
Trello can also work well with other healthcare project management software, such as Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) and scheduling software.
It’s important to note that even though Trello project management in healthcare is a valuable tool for healthcare professionals to use to manage projects, it doesn’t automatically follow HIPAA rules. However, Trello has tools and methods to help healthcare professionals meet HIPAA requirements.
One example is Trello’s encryption for data during transmission and storage, two-factor authentication, and the option to control access and permissions for sensitive information.
The enterprise version of Trello has better security features, like single sign-on (SSO) and audit logs, that can help healthcare professionals meet their HIPAA responsibilities.
- Can get intelligent automation tips based on your repetitive actions
- Many add-ons called Powerups add more functionalities to your board
- Cross-platform support
- Team supported
- Not reliable for detailed reporting
- Customer reviews mention problems reaching support
- Lack of in-built time tracking features
- Not suitable for complex projects
Plans & Pricing
- Free: $0 for your whole team.
- Standard: $5/user/month (billed annually), best for small teams.
- Premium: $10/user/month (billed annually), best for teams to track multiple projects.
- Enterprise: $17.5/user/month (billed annually), best for organizations to connect work across teams.
Birdview PSA – Best Service Management Automation Project Management Software for Healthcare
Fee: Starts at $15/mo
Star rating: 3.2/5
Birdview PSA is powerful project management software for healthcare platforms that could change the healthcare business in many ways.
This platform can give healthcare providers instant insights into patient care using machine learning algorithms and AI-powered technologies. This lets them make better decisions, streamline workflows, and improve patient outcomes.
In healthcare project management software, one of the best things about Birdview PSA is that it can look at a lot of data, like patient health records, lab results, and treatment plans, to find patterns and trends.
The doctors find potential health risks, catch diseases early, and make individualized treatment plans based on each patient’s needs. Project management in healthcare technology can help reduce medical mistakes, improve clinical outcomes, and make patients happier.
Also, the Birdview PSA is HIPAA-compliant, which means it follows the strict privacy and security rules set by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
This makes sure that the patient’s information is safe and private, and it also means that healthcare providers can use the platform without worrying about breaking any rules.
- Provides actionable insights from past performance
- Can assign and schedule resources based on availability, skillset, and fit, and simulate “what-if” scenarios to avoid conflicts
- Built-in indicators, tools, and alerts to monitor adherence to the delivery schedule
- Pre-built reports and dashboards with KPIs and metrics across multiple projects and portfolios
- Doesn’t have functionality for creating and compiling proposals within the platform
- Doesn’t have to invoice functionality
Plans & Pricing
- Lite: $13/user/month (billed annually), depending on user type.
- Team: $19/user/month (billed annually) depending on user type.
- Enterprise: Contact Birdview PSA for pricing.
Smartsheet – Best Dynamic Spreadsheet Collaborative Project Management Software for Healthcare
Fee: Starting from $7/mo
Star rating: 2.9/5
Smartsheet has an EMR/HER function that lets healthcare businesses store, manage, and document their patient’s medical information, treatment records, test results, and prescribed medications in one central location.
This makes sure that healthcare professionals have quick and easy access to patient information so they can make good decisions and give better care.
Smartsheet’s commitment to data security and privacy is clear because it follows all of the rules of HIPAA, CCPA, and GDPR. This ensures patient information stays safe and secure, so doctors and nurses can focus worry-free on giving their patients the best care possible.
Smartsheet has an excellent capability to aid in communication and teamwork among healthcare teams. It lets you get updates and notifications in real-time, so teams can stay up-to-date and work well together to reach their goals.
Smartsheet also has templates for healthcare and can work with other solutions. This makes it a flexible and adaptable platform that can be changed to fit the needs of any healthcare institution.
It’s important to note that Smartsheet project management in healthcare has other benefits, such as overseeing clinical trials and experiments, streamlining processes, and making it easier to bring on new staff.
Healthcare organizations of any size can benefit from Smartsheet, which offers affordable pricing options starting at $7 and a free trial.
- Friendly user interface
- Extensive documentation and access to onboarding assistance
- Prebuilt project and automation templates to get to work fast
- Sheet-to-sheet linking
- Several tools are add-ons, requiring an additional purchase
- Security features are limited to the Enterprise subscription
- Premium support is only available for higher-tier plans
Plans & Pricing
- Free: $0 for up to one user and two editors.
- Pro: $7/user/month (billed annually). Best for teams with unlimited viewers.
- Business: $25/user/month (billed annually). Best for projects with unlimited editors.
- Enterprise: Best for large teams. Contact Smartsheet for pricing.
Microsoft Project – Best for Complex Project Tracking Software
Fee: Starting at $6/mo
Star rating: 2.6/5
Microsoft Project is a strong and flexible piece of project management software for healthcare that can help the healthcare industry a lot. It’s made to make it easier to plan and carry out complicated projects, keep track of resource allocation and scheduling, and help healthcare providers work better as a team.
Microsoft Project’s easy-to-use interface and advanced features make it a must-have for all healthcare facilities, no matter how big or small they’re.
Microsoft Project is particularly advantageous for healthcare providers, as it aids them in handling intricate projects with ease. Microsoft Project can help healthcare providers meet their goals and keep track of their progress, whether they’re building a new health facility, starting a new treatment program, or doing research.
The platform has different features for scheduling, managing resources, evaluating risks, and making reports. This gives valuable information to help decide and manage projects better.
One of the most important benefits of using Microsoft Project is that it follows HIPAA rules. This software complies fully with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
Healthcare providers can handle confidential patient information without breaking any rules. The HIPAA compliance feature of Microsoft Project makes sure that patient data is kept private and safe, which is important for maintaining trust and following rules.
Besides the benefits we’ve already talked about, Microsoft Project also has templates and integrations that are made for the healthcare industry.
These tools can assist healthcare providers in enhancing their workflow efficiency and team collaboration. Microsoft Project’s pricing is quite reasonable, starting at $10 per user per month, which makes it accessible for healthcare entities of any scale.
- Provides granular details for each task
- Can be integrated into existing Office 365 subscription
- Driver prioritization module for ranking strategies/objectives
- Helpful project template descriptions for guidance
- Can generate a Gantt chart from a spreadsheet
- Difficult for newcomers to navigate
- Pricey compared to competitors
- Poor customization options
- Steep learning curve
- Limitations on collaboration tools
Plans & Pricing
- Basic: $6/user/month (billed annually), with a 30-day trial.
- Standard: $12.5/user/month (billed annually), with a 30-day trial.
- Premium: $22/user/month (billed annually), with a 30-day trial.
- Apps for Business: It’s a desktop version of Microsoft Apps for $8.25/user/month (billed annually), with a 30-day trial.
Nifty – Best for Collaborative Task Management
Fee: Starting at $39/mo
Star rating: 2/5
The goal of Nifty’s project management software in healthcare is to make it easier for teams to work together, plan projects, and carry them out. It’s versatile software that can be beneficial in many industries, including healthcare, and ensures effective collaboration among team members.
There are strict rules about security and privacy to follow in the healthcare industry. HIPAA is a set of rules that make sure that patients’ health information is kept private and safe in the United States.
HIPAA compliance is a rule that all software used in the healthcare industry must follow to keep patient data safe from security breaches.
Nifty has taken steps to make sure that patient data is safe and is in line with HIPAA rules. It can manage projects in the healthcare industry, such as clinical trials, patient management, and research projects.
The platform enables teams to work together on tasks, keep track of progress, and communicate instantly. The software has tools for managing budgets, resources, and schedules, which makes it easier to plan and carry out complicated projects.
- Effective team collaboration
- Multiple project views to work with data
- Imports and integrations
- Consistently adding new features/improving software
- No custom automation
- No dashboard for visual insights
- No PDF annotation
- Lacks a native printing feature
- Free: $0 for unlimited members.
- Starter: $39/user/month (billed annually), including all core features.
- Pro: $79/user/month (billed annually), best for growing teams.
- Business: $124/user/month (billed annually), best for advanced teams.
- Unlimited: $399/user/month (billed annually), fully scaled.
Our Ranking Methodology for the Best Project Management Software for Healthcare
In the healthcare industry, project management software is essential for improving care for patients, following rules, and making operations run more smoothly.
The best project management software for the healthcare industry should have features like security, compliance, and teamwork that meet the needs of the industry. We will discuss the critical elements that make the perfect project management software for healthcare.
- Compliance and Security: Healthcare institutions handle confidential information about patients, and it’s crucial to comply with HIPAA regulations.
To keep patient data safe, the best project management software for healthcare should store data encrypted, control access, and keep audit trails. It should also follow HIPAA rules. For extra security, the healthcare project management software should also have a strict password policy and two-factor authentication.
- Collaboration: In healthcare project management software, various parties like clinicians, administrators, and IT professionals are usually involved.
The best project management software for healthcare should make it easier for people to work together by giving them tools like real-time chat, document sharing, and task assignment, no matter where they’re. This will ensure that the team works together seamlessly.
- Customization: The healthcare field has its own set of characteristics, making it necessary for project management software to be designed with customization in mind. To cater to the unique requirements of healthcare organizations, customizable project plan templates, task lists, and workflows can be utilized to simplify project management processes and save time.
- Integration: To manage various aspects of their operations, healthcare organizations rely on several software applications. To ensure a smooth transfer of data and minimize the chances of errors, the ideal project management software for healthcare should be able to integrate with the existing software systems.
- Reporting and Analytics: To improve their operations, healthcare organizations must monitor their project performance and identify where they can make enhancements.
The ideal project management software for the healthcare industry should provide comprehensive reporting and analytics tools that enable teams to keep tabs on their progress, pinpoint areas of delay, and streamline workflows.
- User-Friendly Interface: Due to the immense pressure on healthcare professionals, they cannot spare time to gain proficiency in complicated software systems. So, the best project management software for healthcare should have an easy-to-use interface, be easy to navigate, use simple language, and require little training. It’s crucial to have all these features to ease the workload of healthcare professionals.
- Mobile Access: Accessing project management software on mobile devices is crucial for healthcare professionals. The ideal project management software for the healthcare industry should have a mobile application that works well with iOS and Android operating systems. This ensures that users can retrieve project information anywhere and at any time.
Accessing healthcare project management software on mobile devices is crucial for healthcare professionals. The ideal project management software for the healthcare industry should have a mobile application that works well with iOS and Android operating systems.
This ensures that users can retrieve project information from anywhere at any time.
Best Project Management Software for Healthcare – Buyers Guide
What Project Management Software Is in Healthcare?
A lot of healthcare organizations use project management software to keep track of all their different projects. This healthcare project management software makes the process easier by letting you track your progress, keep track of deadlines, and communicate effectively with your team members.
In healthcare, different Project Management Systems (PMSs) are used, with nTask, Microsoft Project, Asana, Trello, and Basecamp being the most popular. It’s essential to select the PMS that aligns with your requirements, as each has its unique advantages and disadvantages.
By knowing about different PMSs ahead of time, you can ensure the project is always finished on time and budget. This is true for all phases of a project’s life cycle, such as planning, execution, and monitoring.
It’s crucial to have experience with different PMSs at different project stages to achieve successful outcomes.
Why Use Project Management Software for Healthcare?
Due to worries about safety, project management software for healthcare has become more important in the field right now. Besides, several other issues are also impacting the sector.
It’s important to deal with these problems to ensure that project management in healthcare projects is managed well.
We can only solve these problems with project management in healthcare, so we’ll look at the urgent problems in the healthcare industry that have made project management in healthcare a must.
- The process of providing healthcare to patients can be improved by implementing project management in healthcare, which ultimately leads to better quality of care being given to patients.
- In recent times, there has been an increased demand for continuous communication between healthcare providers and patients, particularly due to the pandemic. As a result, project management in healthcare plays a crucial role in enhancing information sharing and communication between these two groups.
- In the health sector, project management in healthcare is employed to ensure that resources are distributed efficiently to the areas where they’re most required.
- In a healthcare facility, using project management software for healthcare tools can improve the efficiency of the staff.
- The primary function of project management software for healthcare is to facilitate organization and planning. Particularly in healthcare, the utilization of project management tools has simplified the process of developing improved methods for delivering high-quality healthcare to patients.
Best Project Management Software for Healthcare – Frequently Asked Questions
We have compiled a list of frequently asked questions to address any additional inquiries you may have.
What Is a Medical Management System?
Using a software program called a “Medical Management System” (MMS) in healthcare makes it easier for providers to keep track of their patients’ Electronic Health Records (EHRs).
With the help of MMS platforms, integrating multiple EHR systems, even older ones, into a single platform can be made more streamlined and easy.
Putting all the important information in one place can improve the quality of patient care by giving doctors and nurses the information they need.
Using MMS can have several benefits, such as making care more effective and accountable, which can lead to fewer mistakes in transcription. It also reduces the dependence on paper records, which results in faster wait times for clinical decisions.
Validation and quality assurance can be done in real-time from multiple sources instead of a subjective review done in order or after the fact.
What Is the Role of Project Management in Health Information Technology?
In health information technology (IT), project management is very important because it ensures the system’s goals are met and keeps everyone informed about the progress.
Using structured methodologies, project managers can reduce the risk of problems and keep stakeholders up to date. This helps them deliver projects that meet or exceed expectations.
Setting due dates for assignments and checkpoints and monitoring performance indicators to see how things are going is an important part of managing projects well. By giving full information, decision-makers can make changes quickly if they’re needed and make sure that everyone knows where they stand.
To avoid or quickly solve conflicts, it’s important for team members to talk to each other well.
What Is HIPAA Compliant for Project Management Software?
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is a federal law in the U.S. that sets rules for protecting private health information about patients.
Tools used for project management in healthcare must follow HIPAA rules to make sure that electronically Protected Health Information (ePHI) is safe, correct, and easy to get to.
To meet HIPAA compliance standards for project management software, healthcare organizations must have administrative, physical, and technical safeguards in place to protect ePHI.
When choosing healthcare project management software, it’s important to ensure it’s HIPAA-compliant and has the security measures to protect ePHI.
What is PMP in Healthcare?
The Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is one that the Project Management Institute (PMI) offers to healthcare professionals. It’s intended to confirm healthcare professionals’ project management knowledge and skills of healthcare professionals.
The PMP certification comprises ten knowledge areas and five process groups that give healthcare professionals the tools and skills to manage healthcare projects well.
The PMP certification is helpful for healthcare professionals because it allows them to show off their project management skills and learn more about the challenges they face in their field. This certification is a valuable qualification for healthcare professionals who oversee projects in different healthcare institutions.
Bottom Line on Best Project Management Software for Healthcare
The significance of project management software for healthcare is clear. Healthcare projects can be complicated and difficult, and a dedicated tool may be the only way to manage them effectively.
As was already said, this software lets you keep track of your progress and meet all your deadlines. So, now is the perfect time to bring in reliable healthcare software to avoid project problems and delays.