Radio Underground, will be accessible until March 8th, which marks the end of Battle Royale Chapter 4 Season 1.
- Fortnite and Bandcamp partner up for Radio Underground station: Epic Games has integrated music platform Bandcamp into their popular video game, Fortnite, featuring a collection of curated independent songs accessible through a station named Radio Underground until March 8th, 2023.
- Radio Underground station accessible through vehicles in-game: To access Radio Underground, players must get into a vehicle during the match, and the songs are also suitable to be streamed on platforms like Twitch.
- Bandcamp remains a standalone marketplace and music community: Despite concerns over Epic Games’ involvement in the platform and the potential impact on independent artists, the company has kept its promise and continued to support the community.
- Opportunity for Bandcamp artists to gain exposure to millions of daily Fortnite players: The collaboration allows for easy, ethical access to licensed music for Epic Games’ metaverse properties, while also exposing Bandcamp artists to a new audience.
- Fortnite expanding beyond its initial concept: The addition of Radio Underground follows a trend of Fortnite’s inclusion of popular culture and independent artists into the game’s world, expanding the game beyond its initial concept.
- Collaboration between gaming and music industries: Fortnite’s collaboration with Bandcamp is an exciting development for both the gaming and music industry, offering a unique opportunity for independent artists to gain exposure and giving players an immersive and enjoyable music experience in-game.
Fortnite and Bandcamp: A Collaboration for Music and Gaming Fans
In March 2021, Epic Games acquired Bandcamp, and now, eleven months later, the music platform has been integrated into one of the most popular video games in the world – Fortnite.
Introducing Radio Underground
Radio Underground is a new station that features a collection of songs curated by Bandcamp editors from independent artists all over the world, covering a wide range of genres from pop-punk and indie to ’80s synthwave and smooth soul.
Gamers can enjoy listening to a curated playlist of independent music while playing Fortnite’s popular battle royale mode. This station, named Radio Underground, will be accessible until March 8th, which marks the end of Battle Royale Chapter 4 Season 1.
Easy Access to Licensed Music
To access the station, players must get into a vehicle during the match. The songs are also suitable to be streamed on platforms like Twitch, as confirmed by an Epic Games spokesperson in a statement to The Verge.
An Opportunity for Independent Artists
The acquisition of Bandcamp by Epic Games assured the music storefront would remain a standalone marketplace and music community, with additional support from Epic’s resources for new features and expansions.
The collaboration with Fortnite allows for easy, ethical access to licensed music for Epic Games’ metaverse properties, and the opportunity for Bandcamp artists to have their music exposed to millions of daily Fortnite players.
Expanding Beyond Gaming
Fortnite has always been about creating immersive experiences for its players, and the Radio Underground station is another example of how the game is expanding beyond its initial concept.
With the addition of major Marvel characters like Steve Rogers, the popular battle royale game has expanded to become a platform for music and cultural experiences as well.
A New Era of Entertainment
As the gaming and music industries continue to evolve and converge, we can expect to see more collaborations like this in the future.
Fortnite’s Radio Underground station is just the beginning of a new era of entertainment that merges technology, culture, and art.
With companies like Epic Games leading the way, we can only imagine what kind of experiences we will have in the future.
Leave a Reply