Do you have a PDF file that you want to print? Do you need it done quickly and cheaply? Are there any free options out there for printing your files? If so, then this blog post is for you. In today’s article, we will be looking at 14 of the best FREE PDF printers on the market. We’ll go over their pros and cons, as well as what type of printer they are best suited for.
In order to fix various issues with PDF files, it is highly recommended to use the professional PDF repair software from Recovery Toolbox. With this tool, it is possible to view and repair damaged PDF documents both online and offline.
So without further ado, let’s get started!
SwifDoo PDF Editor is one of the most popular PDF printers available online. It has been used by many people with good results and positive reviews in recent years. You can use it to convert nearly every document or text into a PDF file that you can print or email to another user.
- Versatile printer – converts nearly every document type into a PDF
- Clean, organized interface – very easy to use and navigate around the site
- A large selection of templates for your documents are available on the website (or you can create/upload your own templates)
- Does not offer all features for free
Microsoft Print To PDF
Microsoft Print To PDF is free software that is built-in to Windows OS. You can use this software to turn any document into a PDF file for printing or saving.
The installation process should take just a few minutes and after it’s done, you’ll find the print to PDF icon on your PC’s toolbar so that you can easily convert documents to a PDF format whenever you need.
Some of the features offered by this software include:
- Print as many files as you want
- Ability to choose which pages to print (or how many)
- Ability to choose between landscape and portrait orientation when printing
- Customization of the header, footer, and border
- Does not translate text into PDF automatically
- No mobile app for Android or iPhone yet available
Adobe® Acrobat® XI Printer
A free PDF printer from Adobe® Acrobat® XI, this software is designed to create and edit PDF files. You can view and print PDF files as well as convert them to other file types such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or images.
This software is primarily used by graphic designers for designing digital content that needs to be printed out in the form of a PDF document.
Some features offered are:
- Create sophisticated graphics with this suite of programs
- Options for viewing different pages at once during editing
- Recognized worldwide by many professionals in academia and industry who use it regularly (especially when printing books)
- It has a clean interface for easy navigation
- Ability to customize the header and footer templates as well as choose between landscape or portrait orientation when printing
- Option to add watermarks with your company’s logo or other graphics on all outputted PDF documents so that you own your content
- Some users have complained about its high price tag which makes it not feasible for amateur or low-budget projects
- Only available for Windows users. No mobile app yet for Android or iPhone.
NitroPDF PDF Printer
A paid PDF printer that converts e-books to PDFs, NitroPDF is one of the most popular PDF conversion/creation software on the market today.
It has a clean and easy to navigate interface, which makes it quick and simple for you to convert any document into a pdf file
You’ll also appreciate that this software offers:
- Ability to add watermarks with your company’s logo or other graphics on all outputted PDF documents so that you own your content
- Option to add a company’s logo at the top of each document for branding purposes
- Ability to convert pdf files into other formats (such as Word or HTML)
- Pricing starts at $49.95, which is more expensive than some free PDF printers
- No mobile app for Android or iPhone.
CutePDF Free PDF Printer
A freeware that can be downloaded and used to convert text into pdf files, as well as create new ones from scratch using the templates provided on their website. It’s free with no limitations on the number of documents being converted. It is available for Windows.
Some of the features offered by this software include:
- Allows you to create PDF files with password protection
- Built-in editor for text documents and user interface that is easy to use
- Footnotes can be automatically placed on the bottom of the page where they are referenced.
At this time it does not offer possibilities for creating high-quality graphics, though these features may be added at a later time.
Foxit PDF Printer
This printer is a free download and offers advanced features like encryption, password protection, bookmarking, digital signatures, and more.
Foxit PDF Printer also has an intuitive interface that can be used to batch convert any number of files or folders from one type (e.g., DOC) to another (e.g., PDF).
- You can either print or save the documents in high-quality PDF format, and it’s not just restricted to text files.
- Foxit supports multimedia formats like JPEGs and BMPs along with entire folders of any type of file.
- It may be worth paying for if you’re creating a lot of high-quality PDFs on a regular basis.
- One downside is that it’s not available for Mac users, like some of the other paid solutions are.
PDF-Xchange Printer is a lightweight PDF printer. It may not have quite as nice of a user interface, but it does make it very easy for users to print their documents as PDFs and edit them before printing. They can also use its advanced editing features to annotate the document they’re printing with ease.
- More functionality than other solutions
- The trial version also has limited functionality
Sumatra PDF Printer
Sumatra PDF Printer is a lightweight, free printer that can be used for printing documents in a high-quality PDF format.
It’s easy to use and very fast – you don’t have to deal with any extra ads or other popups when using this software. It also features an intuitive interface that makes it possible for users of all experience levels to print their documents in PDF format with ease.
- Lightweight and free of ads or pop-ups
- Intuitive interface for users of all experience levels
- Printing may take a little longer than other solutions because it’s a lighter program, but you can adjust the settings if you want to speed up printing time.
Bullzip Free PDF Printer
Bullzip Free PDF Printer is a Microsoft printer that allows you to print documents in the form of a pdf. It’s free and doesn’t contain any advertising, it works with Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 or Vista/XP but features limited editing capabilities so this application would be best used for printing something quickly rather than making edits afterward.
- 100% free to use
- Print all your documents in one-stop
- Instantly converts documents into PDF format for easy archiving and sharing
- Printing can’t be done wirelessly.
- Limited editing features.
PDFPrint for Windows
An easy way to print your documents in the best possible quality to a PDF format. This software is available only for Windows and can be downloaded free of charge from the site’s homepage.
Some of its features are:
- Create high-quality graphics without any limitations on the number of pages in your document; this lets you create presentations, newsletters, or magazines with multiple images per page to show them off in a more polished and professional way
- Convert any PDF document into a high-quality graphics file. This is an excellent format for emailing files, publishing on the web or presenting to your audience
- Included in the software are templates that can be used as presentation slides for business meetings; these allow you to select from pre-made layouts with different backgrounds and color schemes
- It is only available for Windows users
Another paid option with advanced features like encryption, password protection, and more, the PrimoPDF printer is a great tool for anyone who needs high-quality PDFs.
- PrimoPDF Printer has an intuitive interface, and you can use it to batch convert any number of files or folders from one type (e.g., DOC) to another (e.g., PDF).
- The best thing about this software is that you can either print or save the documents in high-quality PDF format, and it’s not just restricted to text files.
- PrimoPDF Printer also supports multimedia formats like JPEGs and BMPs along with entire folders of any type of file.
- The paid version is a one-time purchase, which may be worth the cost if you’re creating and printing lots of PDFs on a regular basis.
- Great to use for Professionals who need high-quality PDF files without having to go through the trouble of installing Adobe Acrobat software or paying expensive monthly fees for an online service like Scribd.
- PrimoPDF Printer is also great because it’s not restricted to just text files – it can convert any type of file, including audio and video.
- It’s only available for Windows users.
PrinterShare™ Mobile Print (Android)
PrinterShare™ Mobile Print is a PDF printer for Android. This utility will let you print anything sent to your tablet or smartphone in PDF format, anytime and anywhere. It offers multiple options to choose from irrespective of connectivity being used such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB or online connection while allowing the user easy access with their prints whenever they want it
- Save time and money by printing PDF documents from your mobile phone or tablet
- Wireless connection available for multiple types of devices, wirelessly print to any printer
- Reduce paper waste with the digital file – only need one copy for all of your team members (free version)
- Specially designed for Android V1.5 or higher
- Printing may be slower than other PDF printing solutions
- Saves the document as a hi-resolution PDF file, which could take up more storage space on your phone
PDF Printer (Android)
A PDF printer for Android, PDF Printer allows you to print any document, web page or image in the form of a pdf. You can use this utility to convert your favorite book into an eBook from iBooks and then send it over to another Apple device via AirDrop where it will automatically be converted into a pdf file
- Print anything from your Android phone or tablet
- Convert documents, web pages and images into pdf files with just a few taps
- Requires Android devices for printing.
- Limited editing features if you want to edit the document after it’s been converted.
Epson Print (iOS)
Epson Print is an iOS printer that lets you print documents in PDF format from your phone or tablet while on the go. It’s compatible with iPhone and iPad devices have a customizable interface for easy use, can automatically save any document to Dropbox as well as other cloud storage services such as Google Drive, OneDrive, and Box. It also gives you the ability to print from any app on your iOS device that supports printing
- Print anything wirelessly using Epson Print (iOS)
- Customizable interface for easy use
- Automatic saving of files into Dropbox or other cloud storage services such as Google Drive, OneDrive, and Box
- Requires iOS devices for printing.
- Limited editing features if you want to edit the document after it’s been converted. You’ll need another program that can open pdfs in order to do this.
So which PDF printer is the best one to use? Depending on your needs, SwifDoo might be a great option. Other good options are CutePDF (which allows you to create and print multiple pages) or Adobe Acrobat Reader (it’s not free but it does offer more features than SwifDoo).
Leave a Reply