Personal Democracy Forum Poland-CEE, February 1-2 in Warsaw
BY Antonella Napolitano | Monday, January 7 2013
Personal Democracy Forum is back in Europe and is going east!
After our events in Barcelona, Oslo, Paris and Brussels, we are happy to announce our first conference focused on Central and Eastern Europe, happening this February 1-2 in Warsaw, Poland.
Personal Democracy Forum Poland – Central Eastern Europe Media (PDF Poland-CEE) will be a two-day event focused on the impact of technology on government transparency, politics and civil society in Poland and Central and Eastern Europe.
The conference will highlight some of the key players and initiatives happening in the area and will also include voices and perspectives from the larger community of advocates from the US and Western Europe who are engaged in transparency, technology, and civic activism. The Forum will offer a platform for the dissemination of ideas, an opportunity to connect with peers, and to link activists to others in the region and around the world who are interested in the intersection of new technologies and democracy.
While Day One will feature stage-setting individual talks and panels, Day Two will be an unconference-style event to allow attendees the opportunity to create their own agenda and explore together ideas of their choosing inspired by talks from Day One.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Vukosava Crnjanski Sabovic, Founder & Director, Center for Research, Transparency and Accountability
- Ellen Miller, Co-Founder and Executive Director, Sunlight Foundation
- Marko Rakar, activist and president of Windmill
- Andrew Rasiej, Founder and Publisher, Personal Democracy Media
- Iryna Shvets, Board Member, Civil Network OPORA
- Micah Sifry, Editorial Director, Personal Democracy Media
- Marek Tuszynski, Co-Founder and Creative Director, Tactical Tech
- Svitlana Zalishchuk, Founding Director, Centre UA Ukraine
- Jérémie Zimmermann, Co-Founder, La Quadrature du Net
The first conference of its kind in this region, the event, produced by Personal Democracy Media (PDM) in cooperation with ePF (http://epanstwo.org.pl/), will raise awareness on a global scale about the innovation occurring in Poland and CEE in a profound way.