Daily Digest | CIO Vivek Kundra is Back on the Job
BY Editors | Wednesday, March 18 2009
- "Summoning the Spirit" of 2008, OFA Brings Out the Big Gun Organizing for America brings out the big gun: President Obama, who is featured in this morning's email blast to his campaign list and via YouTube video. "Passing this budget won't be easy," he says, as the video closes with a big ask. "That's where you come in." Read more.
- Does Digital Transparency Lead to Fewer Earmarks? Will Turnage, a freelance developer working on RepresentedBy, a really cool Facebook application that he is planning to submit to the Sunlight Labs "Apps for America" contest, has uncovered a seemingly suggestive correlation between how "digitally transparent" a Member of Congress is and how much money they are seeking in earmarks in the 2009 economic stimulus package. Check out the data at techPres. Read more.
- Watch This Meme: Is Obama Too Dependent on His Teleprompter? Start a meme watch: Is President Obama too dependent on his teleprompter? RedState catches him and the Irish PM in a minor teleprompter-flub yesterday, and we have a chart that tracks the meme in the blogosphere. Read more.
- Today's Must-Read: National Journal on Google in DC Today's must-reading: Neil Munro's detailed look at Google's growing presence in Washington. Read more.
- CIO Vivek Kundra is Back on the Job Vivek Kundra, the federal government's new Chief Information Officer, has been spotted at his desk, doing his job. You heard it here first. Read more.
- Online Organizing Against the Bailout from the Left Zephyr Teachout writes that there's a new group trying to organize protests in every city on April 11 - A New Way Forward. She thinks it will be really interesting to watch, as its the first national effort, that she knows of, to protest the bailouts from the left with a new vision of what anti-trust policy should be. Read more.