Clearing the Cache
BY Nancy Scola | Wednesday, February 25 2009
- Get yer bailout check from the Bank of Obama.
- There's gotta be a filter: NPR's Wordle of Obama's non-State of the Union tells us he likes to talk about "Americans."
- A meme was born: Bobby Jindal is Kenneth the Page. Sixty-plus pages of Twitter results don't lie.
- Republicans hoping to be the party of the Internet aren't happy about a Cornyn bill that would require ISPs to hold records for two years.
- One list of government XML feeds. (Thanks Shaun Dakin)
- Clay Johnson uses a $375k Navy "Facebook" contract to make the case for why we need raw government data.
- Chinese authorities call in "netizens" to investigate a suspect prison house death, saying "[a] matter of Internet public opinion must be solved by Internet methods." But now the true 'net suspects they were ringers.
(With Micah Sifry)