Clearing the Cache
BY Nancy Scola | Friday, February 20 2009
- The White House's covert bloggers take a second stab at live-blogging with Obama's trip to Ottawa, rounded out with some Pete Souza photos like the one above. "9:20 a.m.: Canal Rideau is frozen over, and there are people ice skating on it." Brrrrr.
- There's now an Obama-esque Gotham font appropriate for every typographic occasion.
- ProPublica is version-tracking WhiteHouse.gov, Recovery.gov and more. (Though do very dynamic sites muck up the comparisons?) They're tweeting, so let 'em know what you spot.
- House Oversight ranking member Darrell Issa makes use of his (Democratic) predecessor Henry Waxman's record to push on email archiving: "Indeed the heading 'White House Emails' has long been listed along with the Environment and Iraq Reconstruction as one of the key issues on the Committee's internet home page."
- If you're looking for the Administration's thinking on information technology, don't go looking at the Office of Science & Technology policy.
- [ADDED] The White House plans to live stream today's mayors' meeting (though we're not seeing much yet).